Friday, October 31, 2014

YOU NEED TO BE CONFIDENT !!



My grandson Nicholas played football for the very first time this fall.  At 10 years old he had to have confidence in his abilities and strength in order to defend the quarterback against kids that were twice his size.  If he would have went on that field to play without being confident, he would have been annihilated and hurt.  In fact to be honest he probably would have been carried off on a stretcher.  To play football or any sport for that matter, you must have confidence in yourself and your abilities.  You must have confidence in your coach, that he will teach you and train you to use your God given abilities to the best of your ability.  There is strength training that must be done, plays to run over and over again until you get it right.  It takes practice, hard work and dedication so that you can have the confidence you need to do what needs to be done.     Without that confidence you will be able to do nothing.  Without that confidence you sit on the sidelines.

In life people who have confidence are often looked at as conceited.  Some religious people say it's wrong to have confidence.  Well I say poppy cock!  As human beings we need to have confidence not  in ourselves but in God.  You see for way too long I struggled with having any confidence in God because I was not confident in my abilities.  I have come to realize that I must have confidence in the abilities that God has given me.  I must have confidence that He will guide me to use the abilities He has given me.  If I am not confident in my God given abilities than I will sit on the sidelines of life and be a spectator all my life.  I do not want to be that person and I know you do not want to be that person either.   

Philippians 1:6  being confident of this very thing, that He who has begun a good work in you will complete it until the day of Jesus Christ; 

You need to stop looking at yourself and what you feel you can do.  You can do amazing things through Christ who strengthens you.  You need to build up your confidence, not in yourself or your abilities but in the abilities God has given you.  You need to be confident that God, who has begun a good work in you, will give you the abilities you need to see your work through til the end.  You can have confidence that God will do what He needs to do through you.  You need to be confident that because of Jesus Christ, you can do anything and everything God wants you to do.  Look in that mirror and see the glory of God working through you every day of your life.  You are amazing!  You are beautiful! You are confident!  God loves you and you can do whatever God calls you to do.  Stop sitting on the sidelines and get into the game God has called you to play!

May your confidence in what God has called you to do be strengthened.  May you realize that your confidence lies in God and your God given abilities.  May you get off the sidelines and step into the game God has called you to play, in Jesus name I pray, amen!


No comments:

Post a Comment

CHEERS TO 2022

  I know it's been a few weeks since I graced you with my blog...sorry my mind has been elsewhere and my heart just hasn't been in i...