Wednesday, October 1, 2014

FAITH, HOW CAN YOU BELIEVE WHAT YOU CAN'T SEE?



Hebrews 11:1 (AMP) NOW FAITH is the assurance (the confirmation, the title deed) of the things [we] hope for, being the proof of things [we] do not see and the conviction of their reality [faith perceiving as real fact what is not revealed to the senses]. 

Faith, how can we believe in something you can't see or touch?  It just doesn't make sense in the reality of life yet I cannot or will not ever imagine my life without it.  Unreasonable?  Maybe but that is just me.  Faith for me is the back bone of my existence.  It sustains me, it drives, me it is something I crave.   To be absent of faith would literally destroy me.  I would rather have faith that there is a God in heaven who loves me than to believe in nothing.  To be in nothing for me would make me feel hopeless, helpless, and frustrated.  If I had no faith, I would have to count on no one but myself.  If I had no faith, I would be the most selfish, self centered person on this Earth.  If I had no faith, I wouldn't care about what I say or what I do.  I would live my life worried about what tomorrow would bring.  If I had no faith in anything or anyone I would be lonely, and afraid.  I would be filled with anger and rage over the way this world is.  Wait a minute, that is the way a lot of people act in this world.  Could it be that there are a lot of you that have no faith?  Could it be that there are people out there wondering around this world without faith in anyone or anything?  If it's got to be, then it's up to me?  Is that your attitude?    

If that describes you then I feel so sorry for you.  Faith is something that dwells so deeply in my soul that I ache when my faith seems to decrease even just slightly.  You see I do not long for love, I have it!  I do not long for success, I have it!  I do not long for friendship, I have it!  My faith has taken me to places I never imagined.  My faith has lifted me higher than my dreams.  My faith has given me a purpose, a reason for living.  To some I may seem weak and dumb.  But with the faith I have, I have the power of God living inside of me.  I have the wisdom of God at my fingertips.   So many of us wonder around searching for something or someone to fill that void in our heart.  There is a vacancy and we struggle trying to fill that emptiness we feel.  We don't talk about it with anyone because it's hard to explain.  We don't ask for help because it is embarrassing to admit how we feel.  So we keep this emptiness to ourselves.  We bury it deep down inside of our souls and instead of the emptiness being filled with faith in our creator, we fill it with alcohol, drugs, sex and anything else that can numb that feelings.  You see we were created to have faith.  We were created to believe.  If we have neither faith nor belief than we are empty.  That is a sad way to live.  Look at society today, There are a lot of empty hearts walking around this world just searching to fill that emptiness. 

Do you believe there is oxygen in the air so we can breathe?  That's faith!  We cannot see oxygen, we have faith that it is there or we would be dead.  We cannot see the wind, but we feel it as it kisses our cheeks on a hot summer day.  There are so many things that we cannot see, yet we have faith that they exist.   We have faith that a car will stop at that red light.  We have faith that the sun will rise each morning.  We have faith that our doctors will give us the proper medicine to make us healed.  Why is it so hard for some of us to believe in God?  Just because you've never seen Him?  Really cause to me that's just an excuse to defend your behavior.  Ouch!  Sorry, listen I have never seen God, yet I have faith that He exists.  I have felt His love and acceptance.  I have seen that beauty of His work in the eyes of my children when they were born.  I seen the majestic mountains and rivers of Colorado.  I have walked in the sands of Aruba and swan in the oceans.  I have seen so much beauty in this world that I know that this world did not just happen, it was created for me and for you.  I would rather have faith in God than nothing.  I would rather be filled with His love than continue walking around feeling empty like many of you.  I would rather have faith that He can handle what I cannot.  It brings me so much comfort to have faith in God.  My faith in God feels like when I wrap myself with a warm, soft blanket on a cold winter night,

Hebrews 11:6 (AMP)  But without faith it is impossible to please and be satisfactory to Him. For whoever would come near to God must [necessarily] believe that God exists and that He is the rewarder of those who earnestly and diligently seek Him [out]. 

It is impossible to please God if you don't have faith in Him.  I'm going to go out on a limb here and state the obvious.  If you believe in God, if you have faith that He exists, then why are your worrying?  Why do you feel so empty at times?  Faith in God, true faith in God fills you to overflowing.  With the faith I have I know that God has me in the palm of His hands.  I know that He had my best interest in mind when He planned my life, so why waste time worrying and fretting over something or someone only He can handle?   I know that my God will work everything, yes everything, out for my good.  Listen I don't know about you, but I want the rewards God has waiting for me in eternity.  I would rather believe in God, I would rather have faith in Him, I would rather trust in Him than try to handle this life alone.  I can't do it alone, nor do I want to do it alone.  My void, my emptiness has been filled with the love of God.  Faith, you've got to have faith!  We all have faith in something or someone so why not place your faith where it truly belongs, in God!  

I have faith in you God.  No matter what I go through in this life I know that I can handle it with you by my side.   My faith in you has grown so much stronger as I go through this life.  May faith in God invade your heart and soul and fill that void.  May you stop searching for what is right in front of your face.  May your faith be in God alone, in Jesus name I pray 

No comments:

Post a Comment

CHEERS TO 2022

  I know it's been a few weeks since I graced you with my blog...sorry my mind has been elsewhere and my heart just hasn't been in i...