Monday, November 26, 2018

HELP I'M STUCK



"Help I've fallen and I can't get up."  Thanksgiving weekend my youngest grandson was playing in this draw in the kitchen.  It's the one draw in my kitchen that he is allowed full access.  There is plastic bowls, cups and plates all to entertain him.  He walks n the front door and instantly heads for this drawer.  To him it's a treasure chest filled with wonderful surprises, to me it's something to keep him occupied so he won't open the other draws.  Sometimes it works well, other times he still tries to investigate all the other cupboards.  Thanksgiving weekend he discovered a new way to enjoy this draw, he sat in it.  The only problem was he couldn't exactly figure out how to get out.  He was stuck.

How many times in our lives have we felt stuck?  Stuck in the past with memories that haunt us?  Stuck in a dead end job with no hope for a future?  Stuck in the consequences of our decisions?  Stuck in pain of choices?  Our minds can be filled with regrets and lost dreams.  We feel hopeless and alone like my grandson here in this picture.  So often we here people say, "You got yourself into this mess, you get yourself out of it."  While this can be true and these periods of being stuck can be a great learning tool, this saying doesn't help those who are where they are at no fault of their own.  They didn't choose to be stuck, they didn't decide to end up stuck.  They walked a path that no one should have to walk and it was not their choice.

There have been times in my life where I have felt stuck, if we're being honest we all have felt stuck one time or another.  Most of these times where of my own choosing.  Then again some were not.  When my parents moved to Arizona, that was not my choice or my decision yet I felt stuck because of their choice.  I was "stuck in the muck" for 25 years.  That was a terrible place for me to live. Their choice affected me and just like many others out there in this world, other peoples decisions and choices can affect us and put us in a place where we feel stuck.  

1 Corinthians 7:20-22 (The Message)  Stay where you were when God called your name.  Were you a slave?  Slavery is no roadblock to obeying and believing.  I don't mean you're stuck and can't leave.  If you have a chance at freedom, go ahead and take it.  I'm simply trying to point out that under your new Master you're going to experience a marvelous freedom you would never have dreamed of.  On the other hand, if you were free when Christ called you, you'll experience a delightful "enslavement to God" you would never have dreamed of.  

The thing I've learned on this adventure through life with Jesus Christ is that I do not have to remain stuck.  Learn and move on.  Grow and be free.  Give it all to God.  When I feel stuck now days, I give it to God.  I ask Him what I need to learn during this time.  I ask Him to point out my fears and failings.  I ask Him to help me forgive those whose choices made me feel like I was stuck.  I asked Him to forgive me for getting myself and others stuck because of my choices.  The other thing I've learned is that no matter how stuck I may feel, there is always one who will pull me out of the muck.  There is one who is always ready with His 
4-wheel drive and a tow chain, or maybe just a helping hand.  

If you feel stuck today, turn to Jesus Christ.  He is always there ready to lift you up ad pull you out of the muck you're stuck in.  He's not afraid to get dirty and He's not afraid to dig down deep.      
  



3 comments:

  1. AMEN!! I absolutely love this post.

    My goodness, how grateful I am to the Lord for being the One who gets us un-stuck out of our messes. Just as you've said, sometimes it is of our own doing and sometimes it is not. Regardless, it's a painful place to be in and one the enemy loves to attack us during.

    God bless you for sharing His heart and for lighting this world with hope :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Debra, first of all your grandson is adorable!

    So many things have gone wrong lately, today everything, I was sitting here ballinng my eyes out; down and defeated when your post bleeped in. This was surely our awesome God's doing. He knew just what I needed.

    Your wise, inspirational work reminded me to give it all to God. Sometimes I forget to do this in the moment. After reading your post I felt at peace. I thank God for you and for His sending you to me in my time of need.

    God bless you and your loved ones always.

    Many thanks, Tina Mari

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for this reminder Sis. I do not know about others, but I do know I need him 100^ forever in his leading me. Ands I admit, I have not always and have gotten me stuck too. Whether \by me or not, he never leaves me or anyone, always ready for his right arm, Jesus to take hold of us. Once we become willing he does this.
    Maybe not instantly, like as in the book of Job tells us about standing in belief no matter what.

    I think it is for us, even in tragedies, somehow to be worked out for God's good and God's good is for us as in Jeremiah 29:11 tells us.
    At least to me, I see to stand in belief, even in troubles as Job did in not denying God. I see we each or like a Job in this world of the valley of the shadow of death, being taught to fear no evil

    Thank you again deeply so as we each GROW

    Eph. 3:16-19

    ReplyDelete

CHEERS TO 2022

  I know it's been a few weeks since I graced you with my blog...sorry my mind has been elsewhere and my heart just hasn't been in i...