Monday, November 3, 2014

YOU SHOULD BE DANCING !!




This picture is from my daughters wedding last year.  As you can see, my grandchildren are having a blast dancing to the music.  The DJ was outstanding and the dance floor was filled all night long.  I don't know about you, but I love good music!  I guess that's because I grew up hearing my brother's band play in our basement.  Yes I was the little sister who hid on the basement steps so I could listen to him play.  It was awesome!  Over the years my taste in music has changed some, but one thing remains true for me, I love music with a good beat.  I listen to all types, Barry Manilow and Styx, John Denver and Brad Paisley, Whitney Houston and Kenny Chesney.  My all time favorite music I love to listen to now is Christian music.  I know you already figured that out right?  Well while I love listening, I love to dance to the music.  Yes, even Christian music.  When no one else is around I put on my music and dance.  No matter how bad I feel, no matter what I am going through in life, music and dancing just seem to lift my spirits.  In fact when I am in church listening to Cliff and the church band play worship music, if you look closely you will notice I cannot keep my feet still.  Music and dancing makes me feel alive.

For me dancing means there is a celebration.  And although there are times when I feel like crying, those are the times I put on my music and dance.  There are some religions who feel dancing is wrong.  For me I do not understand that because Jesus likes a party just like we do.  In fact His first miracle was performed at a wedding feast, and let me tell you, jewish wedding ceremonies were huge week long parties.  You were created to dance and enjoy life.  Celebrate this life God has given us and enjoy the party!  Dance the night away!  You should be dancing!  Celebrate good times, come on!  Way to often we are so over burdened by our circumstances and weighed down by the worries of tomorrow, that we miss today!  Today is a present!  What if today was your last day on Earth?  Would you want to spend it worrying about what may never happen?  Or celebrate today by dancing?

Psalm 30:11- 12  You have turned for me my mourning into dancing; You have put off my sackcloth and clothed me with gladness,  To the end that my glory may sing praise to You and not be silent. O LORD my God, I will give thanks to You forever

To me, the Bible is clear, God will turn our mourning into dancing!  Instead of frowning and living life by complaining and whining, put on those dancing shoes and turn on the music and dance!  Dancing does not lead to sinning!   It leads to God!  I truly feel that God loves to see us dance and celebrate this life He has given us.  God has a great dance floor up in heaven and I for one, cannot wait to dance before God and celebrate the love He has given me.  We need to stop getting wrapped up and overwhelmed with our circumstances and dance knowing that our God is bigger and stronger than any circumstance we may have.   God has turned my mourning into dancing when I accepted Jesus Christ as my Savior.  Will you join me on the dance floor?

Lord, thank you for the gift of music and dance.  Thank you for turning my mourning into dancing.  Thank you for allowing me to celebrate this life you have given me.  Help me to dance the nights away praising your name, in Jesus name I pray, amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment

CHEERS TO 2022

  I know it's been a few weeks since I graced you with my blog...sorry my mind has been elsewhere and my heart just hasn't been in i...