Friday, October 24, 2014

IT'S TIME FOR A PARTY AND YOU'RE INVITED!



Psalm 9:1-2 I will praise You, O LORD, with my whole heart; I will tell of all Your marvelous works. I will be glad and rejoice in You; I will sing praise to Your name, O Most High

This morning as I sit in the darkness waiting for another sunrise, I want to celebrate,  Why?  Well it's another day and I woke up which means I m alive.  I praise God for every breath I  take.  Why, you may ask?  Well to be honest I am grateful for this life He has given me.  If I am alive and breathing that means that my mission here on Earth is not yet complete.  That means there is someone out there who needs to read this.  I enjoy my life tremendously. I am thankful for all that I have and yes, I am thankful for what I don't have.  You see I am one of those irritating people who always tend to see the glass as half full.  I tend to see the endless possibilities that await me.  I tend to see the good in people, yes even those who have little.  I always tend to be positive and look on the bright side of thing, which is sometimes annoying to others.  I am not and will never be a "Debbie Downer". In fact I always got so offended when someone would use that as a way to describe someone else.  That was my name and I do not want to have that attitude linked with my name.  Instead I am a "Debra Delightful".  One funny note about my name, my nickname was Debbie, but I had a prophet who told me I should go by my Biblical name Debra.  He told me to read about her.  I did, so now I go by Debra.  It amazes how much our names mean and we sometimes miss that.  Yes, a name is a reason to celebrate.    You may say your name is awful and maybe even a little embarrassing but that fact that you are named means someone loves you. 

 I am in awe of the wonders of this world.  Even a simple sunrise seems so wonderful and complex.  When I stop to think about how the Earth spins and moves with just the right momentum, at the precise speed, at the proper time, I am amazed.  Some may try to convince me that this just happened with a bang, but I will never believe that. In my simple eyes, this Earth was placed here.  The proper distance from the sun so that the temperature would be perfect to live here.  Okay yes here in Michigan it gets cold in the winter and we get snow, but look at the positive side, we have a tremendous array of colors ever fall and spring.   Okay, listen we could sit here all day going over what is positive and what is negative in our lives.  The point for me is that life is amazing.  Yes it is difficult at times.  In fact sometimes it down right stinks, but hey I have learned there is always someone who is worse off than me.  So why not look at the good?  Why do waste our time going over and over the negative stuff?  Why do we sit and complain and whine and belly ache over what didn't happen or what didn't happen the way we wanted it to?  I for one am sick and tired of the "negative Nellies"  (If your name is Nellie, I apologize.) and the "Debbie downers" (If your name is Debbie, I apologize.)  I want to celebrate life!  I want to enjoy this life God gave me.  It isn't perfect, but hey I'm alive, so why not enjoy it?

I love to sit and people watch.  I can instantly tell by the expressions on peoples face if they are a negative person or a positive person.  Listen I know life is hard and difficult and sometimes it can suck, but instead of focusing on the bad, look at the good.  Even if you only find one good thing or one good friend in your life, focus on that!  I have often found that when I am feeling low and down in the dumps, if I put on a worship song, I am instantly lifted up.  My head lifts up, my hands raise in the air and once again I am reminded of the love of my God.  Instead of shuffling around my house, I get a beat in my step and I start dancing,  So often when we get in our negative moods, and when we let our emotions get the best of us, we lose track of who we are and whose we are.  We tend to beat ourselves up and relive every mistake, every sin we have ever committed.  When we do that we tend to concentrate on the regrets, not the endless possibilities that wait for us.  I don't know about you, but I am remembering my past failings no more.  I am looking ahead and going to cling to the here and now and celebrate life.

Music makes me want to celebrate.  In church, when the music plays, my hands instantly rise to heaven.  Yes I am weird and that's okay.  You know what I have discovered by raising my hands in praise, I actually feel my Lord, grabbing my hands and holding them.  Yes I do.  When I raise my hands in praise, I feel Him right there with me.  People may think I am a little over the top, or a little too excited to be singing and dancing to church songs, but I love it.  When I am in the presence of God I love my church experience to be a celebration.  At my church, we celebrate God!  We sing loud, we love the music a little loud and yes there are some of us who raise our hands in praise during songs.  There are more who don't and that's okay.  As for me I need to raise my hands and praise God for who He created me to be.  It's party time for me and for you.  Join me in celebrating life.  

Thank you God for the endless possibilities you have given me.  Thank you for loving me.  Thank you for every sunrise and ever breath I take.  I am choosing today to look at the positive in my life.  I am going to celebrate  this life you have given me.  Help me to learn to see the good in situations and in others, in Jesus name I pray, amen! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

CHEERS TO 2022

  I know it's been a few weeks since I graced you with my blog...sorry my mind has been elsewhere and my heart just hasn't been in i...