Monday, October 6, 2014

CAN YOU BE THE FACE OF COURAGE?



Joshua 1:5-6 (AMP)  No man shall be able to stand before you all the days of your life. As I was with Moses, so I will be with you; I will not fail you or forsake you.  Be strong (confident) and of good courage, for you shall cause this people to inherit the land which I swore to their fathers to give them. 

I don't know about you but I don't feel very courageous.  There are days when I feel downright afraid.  I let my feelings get the best of me.  That old spirit of doubt sets in and dispels all my plans and dreams I had for my day and my life.  Even as I write this I am bombarded with doubt that what I am saying has any relevance to anyone out there.  It is ridiculous how often we allow the lies of Satan to invade our thoughts which in turn invade our heart which in turn invades everything we plan to do that day.  Sometimes those stupid thoughts are so overpowering it leaves us in a pool of tears and despair.  Why?  Why do we allow this?  It is dumb!  It is stupid!  It is idiotic!  We become victims and not victors.  We lose track of who we really are and become a walking target of every Tom, Dick and Harry who doesn't agree with us.  Our self esteem plummets and our determination fails.  God forbid someone laugh at us, that puts us in a whole nother ball park.  Victim mentality will crush us.  it will destroy us faster than any gun.  Words can overpower us and we feel like that puppy in the corner waiting to get beat.  We can get verbally beat up as well as physically.  When this happens all our determination, all our drive, all our passion for our plans go out the window.  We become a victim, and we allow it.

Okay maybe this topic is a little strong for a Monday morning but I have to become more determined.  I do not want to allow myself to live a victim mentality life.  "Oh poor me."  Just because someone says you can't do it, doesn't mean you can't.  God says we can do all things through Christ who gives us strength.  Just because we feel afraid, doesn't mean we can't do it.  God does not give us a spirit of fear, He gives us a spirit of might and power.  Just because no one else believes in what we want to do doesn't mean we can't do it.  God says He is for us and nothing can come against us.  We listen way to much to what others tell us we can and can't do.  We focus on our limitations instead of our abilities.  We listen to the naysayers and the Debbie downers.  We run our life on what others think and say about us.  Determination?  What's that?  Why be determined when we're just going to fail?  Nothing good ever happens to me, so why try?  Listen it takes real courage to be determined to do what God has called us to do.  It takes courage to step out of our comfort zone and be all that we can be.  For way too long we have listened to the wrong voices, the wrong advice and the wrong words.  We have become victims and no longer have a determination for anything let alone the courage to do it.

God has His best waiting for you.  Just like Joshua in the wilderness, God told him to go in and take the land He promised to them 40 years ago.  The promised land was waiting on the other side of the Jordan River.  A land flowing with milk and honey was just beyond the river, all they had to do was cross it.  Read that verse again, God is saying these things to you and I today.  He is with us, no man shall be able to stand before you and I all of our days! God is with us and will never fail us!   Be strong and courageous!  Do you understand this?  Do I understand this?  I don't think we do because if we did, we would be far different people.  We would be more determined, more courageous and and far more powerful.  We would not let the lies of Satan invade us and change us.  We would not let these lies derail us from the course God has for our life.  We need to become more determined on the inside to what God wants us to do on the outside.  If we do not become more determined and more courageous, we will never have what God wants us to have, His best!

You see, God has a plan for us.  It for our good and not for disaster.  He wants us to live powerful, courageous and determined lives.  Yes during this time here on Earth we will face battles, but we have the ultimate warrior on our side, Jesus Christ!  With Him on our side, no one can stop us, if we are following God's plan.  Are you kidding me why are we listening to the lies of Satan when he is already lost the battle?  Jesus already fought Satan for us and we win!   So why are we listening to a loser?  God is for us!  He has great plans for our life and no matter what battle we may face, Jesus already won it for us.  Don't turn away from what God has told you to do.  Don't let fear stop you.  If God said it, you can do it!  I don't know about you, but my God is amazing!  He has done so many great thing for me, not materially but in ways money can't buy.  Peace rules my life.  I have good health. I have a great family.  I have a joy in my heart that makes me just giggle sometimes.  What blessings do you have in your life that you are not seeing?  That is some of God's best and there is so much more we just have to become determined to grab it.  We have to have courage to face our fears and step out trusting that God has our back.  I want to be more courageous and determined, how about you?

Lord, here I am a person who just wants to do your will for my life.  Please let your words about who I am and whose I am invade my heart so that I can live more determined and more courageous for you, in Jesus name I pray, amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

CHEERS TO 2022

  I know it's been a few weeks since I graced you with my blog...sorry my mind has been elsewhere and my heart just hasn't been in i...