Monday, February 16, 2015

WORRY IS A WASTE OF TIME





As I logged onto Facebook yesterday I was blown away by the number of my friends on Facebook who are filled with worry.  Some of course have many reasons to be worried.  Job worries, health worries, family worries, and so on and so on and so on.  As I read through the many posts I was saddened.  Not because of all their worries, but because maybe I have missed out on trying to get across to people how pointless worry is.  So here I go!

Worry is a waste of time!  It is pointless to sit and worry and wring our hands and waste our time worrying about something that may never happen!  When we worry, we put our health at risk.  It causes stress in our bodies and we all know or at least we should know, that stress kills our bodies faster than anything!  Listen do we have reasons to worry?  With all the chaos of this world who wouldn't worry?  I need to know what's coming my way, I need to be prepared, I need to have some options in place in case this does happen.  Seriously? 

 "Oh but what if is does happen?"  So what if it does happen?  What has worry done to prepare you for the worst case scenario?  Nothing except cause a bunch of stress that has taken it's toll on your health.  If your worried about your health, guess what?  It just got worse with all that worry.  If your worried about a job, guess what?  You're so exhausted from all the worry that you cannot perform your job to the best of your ability.  If your worried about your family, guess what?  Everything just got worse because you were so engrossed on worrying about what could happen you missed what did happen. 

Now before you get all defensive and jump all over me because I'm being harsh let me explain where I come from.  I have been in many, many situations that could have and should have caused me to worry.  No one fully knows what I have been through so don't judge me, please.  Just let me say from my personal experiences I have learned worry is a waste of time.  I determined at a very young age that worry was dumb!  It did nothing and changed nothing so why worry?  A total waste!  Wringing of hands didn't change the situation,  Pacing the floor didn't help things.  All worry did was add stress.  Nerves are shot.  Sleep is non existent.   What good does worry do?  It doesn't help you feel better, but this does...... 

Philippians 4:6-7  do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. 

STOP WORRYING!!!   As a believer we should be the ones who are not worried, not stressed!  If we are a true believer we should not be concerned about what could happen because God has a plan.  His plan is for our good, not our disaster.  He gives us hope for a brighter future and hope for tomorrow.  But if we waste time worrying about what may never happen, we have hurt our health by all the stress.  As a true believer I must know, truly know that God has me in the palm of His hands.  He knows my future already.  

If we are true believers, this verse should be comforting and relaxing.  I have a peace that surpasses all understanding because I do not worry much.  I still do fall back occasionally but God brings this verse back to my memory and instantly my worry disappears.  I take time to thank Him and pray for what I need to and then turn it over to Him and let it go!!  

Listen I know bad things happen to good people.  But when I trust in and rely on Him, I can give up my worry and have confidence that He alone is the one who controls my life.  And if I end up losing my life than at least I know I will live in eternity with Him in peace and joy.  Trust in God's plan and stop worrying!!  God has your back!!

Lord please guide us to let go of the worry that destroys your plan for us.  We give all our worries to you today and release all our stress because we trust in you alone.  Give us a peace that surpasses all understanding in Jesus name I pray, amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

CHEERS TO 2022

  I know it's been a few weeks since I graced you with my blog...sorry my mind has been elsewhere and my heart just hasn't been in i...