Tuesday, February 17, 2015

LIFE OR DEATH - YOUR CHOICE


  

Deuteronomy 30:16 -18 For I command you this day to love the LORD your God and to keep His commands, decrees, and regulations by walking in His ways. If you do this, you will live and multiply, and the LORD your God will bless you and the land you are about to enter and occupy "But if your heart turns away and you refuse to listen, and if you are drawn away to serve and worship other gods, then I warn you now that you will certainly be destroyed. You will not live a long, good life in the land you are crossing the Jordan to occupy. 

There are rules, laws and regulations everywhere we turn.  Some people fight these things and other embrace them, the choice is yours.  But if you chose to fight against these laws, rules and regulations, you also must be willing to pay the consequences.  There is no way we can play the blame game when we know what is expected of us and we shouldn't be surprised when we are caught red handed.  

The commands of God are simple!  They are not complicated. The consequences are also clearly stated.  Life or death hangs in the balance.  I'm not talking about physical death or life, but a spiritual death and life.  For some this may not matter, but to me it is utterly important

 I have been called by God.  I have accepted Jesus Christ as my Savior.  That means I need to do my best to obey God's commands.  It's not always easy for me to do, but I do my best and then ask for forgiveness when I disobey.  I want to live a long and a good life so I cling to the cross and I strive to obey, not through my own strength, but by the power of the Holy Spirit that lives in me.  

Listen, I know God was talking to the Israelites when He said this, but it is also for today!  If we want to enjoy this life and live a good life, we must do our best to obey, even when it is not easy.  The reward is so worth it!!  When I obey God, He renews my spiritual life within me.  He gives me peace and joy in the midst of trials and storms.  He has lifted me from the pits of hell and gave me a new life, a new hope and the promise of eternity.   

Deuteronomy 30:19  "Today I have given you the choice between life and death, between blessings and curses. Now I call on heaven and earth to witness the choice you make. Oh, that you would choose life, so that you and your descendants might live! 

If you had to choose right now, which would you chose?  As for me, I choose life!  I choose to see the good and positive things in life.  I choose to lift my head and my hands to heaven in thanks for this life He has given me.  I would never dream of choosing curses!  Who would?  

Blessing rain down on me everyday I open my eyes and breathe in the love of Jesus Christ.  I am not rich, I am not wealthy, I do not have anything money could buy, but I am rich in love and joy and peace.  I am rich in love from my children and grandchildren.  I am rich in friendships that lift me up.  I am rich in a peace that surpasses all human understanding.  I am rich in the love from my Heavenly Father who sacrificed His only Son for me!  

Life or death, blessings or cursings.  The choice is yours!  

Jesus Christ, today I choose life!  I choose blessings!  I run to you today as my Lord and Savior.  Change me, mold me, transform me.  Fill me with your Holy Spirit and help me to obey your commands to the best of my ability, in Jesus name I pray, amen!  

No comments:

Post a Comment

CHEERS TO 2022

  I know it's been a few weeks since I graced you with my blog...sorry my mind has been elsewhere and my heart just hasn't been in i...