Friday, February 27, 2015

MY SAFE PLACE








Psalm 91:1-7  He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High will abide in the shadow of the Almighty.  I will say to the LORD, "My refuge and my fortress, my God, in whom I trust."  For he will deliver you from the snare of the fowler and from the deadly pestilence.  He will cover you with his pinions, and under his wings you will find refuge; his faithfulness is a shield and buckler.  You will not fear the terror of the night, nor the arrow that flies by day, nor the pestilence that stalks in darkness, nor the destruction that wastes at noonday.  A thousand may fall at your side, ten thousand at your right hand, but it will not come near you. 


In this crazy world where believers are kidnapped, persecuted and killed, my refuge, my fortress, my safe place is here on my deck at home.  Watching the sunrise, it reminds me of how close God is to me.  This is the place I feel God's presence the most.  In the early morning, as the sun breaks through the darkness of the night, I feel the presence of God shining on me.  His love warms me on those cool mornings.  His presence overwhelms me and brings me to tears.  

He delivers me from my enemies and loves me with a never ending love.  He accepts me with all my faults and stains.  He embraces me when I am at my worst.  He and only He knows my true heart and how much it aches to know Him better.  He has covered me with His grace and strength.  He has given me the power I need to make it through each day.  

I do not need to be in church to be in the presence of God for He is always with me everywhere I go.  He is with me in everything I do.  The amazing, yet sad, thing is that many fail to see this truth.  To some, God is only present in church.  They couldn't be more wrong.  For me, church is a place for us believers to gather together to celebrate God's presence in our everyday lives.   The church I go to beckons for us to live in the very presence of God every day!  My church is a place to strengthen my knowledge of God and join together to embrace God's presence in our everyday lives.  

This Psalm reassures me that the very presence of God, my Heavenly Father, is watching over me.  protecting me and keeping me safe.  No matter what may happen to me in my lifetime I know God is with me.  God is my refuge, my fortress, my deliverer.  

I am sure all those Christians who have been killed for their beliefs feel the same way.  They were willing to suffer and die for Jesus Christ.  Because of their faith, God was with them when they died.  Because of their faith they now live in eternity with Jesus Christ.  No more pain, no more fear, no more sorrow.

Jesus Christ is the bridge that connects me to the very presence of God.  He sacrificed His life so that I could sit on my deck and watch a sunrise with God sitting right next to me.  You may think this is a fantasy life that I am living.  Basking in the presence of  a God I cannot see, speaking like a Jesus freak on drugs, and singing songs about someone who you feel doesn't exist.  Well let me tell you honestly.  I cannot see the physical form of God, but I can feel His presence with me.  He has saved me from hurt and death many times.  I have heard His still small voice that whispers to me and guides me.  I have an eternal drug that feeds my habit of love and acceptance.  

Because of Jesus Christ, I have no worries, no fears.   I have a peace that surpasses all understanding.  I have the knowledge that when I die, I will live in eternity in Heaven with Jesus Christ.  If you want to experience this, join me on the adventure of a lifetime and dwell in the shelter of a Gd who loves you more than you can every fully understand.

Today Lord, I want to stand in your presence and accept Jesus Christ as my personal Savior.  Forgive me for the sins that have hardened my heart.  Wash me clean.  Be my refuge, my fortress ad my deliverer, in Jesus name I pray, amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

CHEERS TO 2022

  I know it's been a few weeks since I graced you with my blog...sorry my mind has been elsewhere and my heart just hasn't been in i...