Wednesday, February 11, 2015

RUN TOWARDS THE LIGHT!!!!



In this world today there are so many areas of darkness.  In fact by watching the evening news it may seem like we are surrounded by darkness.  This Earth seems like it is becoming a dark, desolate, barren place with no life force, no energy, no goodness.  Overcome by evil, we question everything and everyone.  We believe no one!  We become angry and upset when a news reporter is accused of fabricating a story.  We bicker and argue over stupid nonsense.  Don't believe me?  Read the news, get on Facebook or twitter, watch the TV talk shows.  It saddens me.  No actually it sickens me.

Religions bicker over who's doctrine is right.  People disagree about vaccines or no vaccines.  Voices are raised in anger over someone's Christmas decorations.  Lawsuits are overwhelming our courts, no one wants to take the blame for their own stupidity.  ( I realize that SOME lawsuits are necessary and important.)   Fist fights break out over words and darkness fills the hearts of many, even some of those who sit in church every Sunday.

No this is not a feel good message, yet!!  For the most part it's sad that we see and concentrate so much on the darkness and evil.  It's sad that we let someone else's words provoke us.  It's sickening that we blame others for our own ignorance.  It's depressing to keep dwelling on everything that is wrong in this world.  

I for one, can't take anymore!  I am sick of the darkness winning over souls of well meaning people.  I am tired of the news broadcasting everything that is wrong with this world.  I am fed up with the lack of  manners and good taste.  So today, and everyday, I am running towards the light!  I am running to the fountain of life.  

Psalm 36:9  For with you is the fountain of life; in your light do we see light. 

The only way to see the light at the end of the tunnel is to cling to Jesus Christ.  The only way to enjoy this life is to run to the fountain of life, Jesus Christ.  Listen, life is hard enough why work so hard and for so long striving to get out of the darkness and evil when the answer is right in front of our face, Jesus Christ.  

He is the light that pierces the darkness, He is the truth that sets us free, He is the life giving water that refreshes my soul, He has given me a life in which I will never thirst again.  He has given me forgiveness I do not deserve.  He has given me strength to endure any trial or storm.  He has given me my life back and there is a joy and a peace so deep and profound that the darkness of this world can never overcome it.  

His light shines forth in my heart and proceeds out of my mouth.  His words from the Bible give me life and hope for a better tomorrow.  He has quenched my thirst with His fountain of life.  That empty void in my heart has been filled to overflowing by His endless love and mercy.  Through Jesus Christ alone, I have been given life.  Don't miss out on this joy that is awaiting you.  Don't miss out on the fountain of life because eternity is a long time to spend in darkness.

Jesus Christ,, You are my Lord and Savior.  I come to you today and ask you to come into my heart and redeem me from the darkness that overshadows me.  Fill me with your presence and transform me into your image, in your holy name I pray, amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment

CHEERS TO 2022

  I know it's been a few weeks since I graced you with my blog...sorry my mind has been elsewhere and my heart just hasn't been in i...