Friday, February 6, 2015

CLAIMS OF PROSPERITY GOSPEL CONFUSES ME, HELP!!!




Matthew 19:26  But Jesus looked at them and said, "With man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible."


Can someone please explain the difference between the "prosperity gospel" claims some christians tend to throw at certain preachers and or teacher?  To be honest I am confused because when I read the Bible, there are statements made by Jesus by some may consider prosperity teaching.  Like the verse above.  If I read this correct Jesus Himself said that with God all things are possible, right?  So why is it wrong for a preacher or teacher to say this in terms of having faith in God to get a better job?

I may be wrong, and if I am please tell me!!!  But Jesus said some things are possible He said ALL things are possible, right?

Alright I get some of the prosperity stuff people complain about, but honestly when I read the Bible, I see it filled with endless possibilities and hopes and dreams.  Yes in reading it also claims we will go through hardships and trials, we will struggle, we will sin, we will be persecuted and hated by some.  But let me post my next verse.

   Hebrews 10:23  Let us hold fast the confession of our hope without wavering, for he who promised is faithful. 

So if this says God is faithful, then what is wrong in believing and having hope that God will bless you with great health, peace that surpasses all understanding and love overflowing?  

Okay I know that some feel these teachers and/or preachers are talking about money, but from what I gather they are talking about God blessing them with the fruits and gifts of the Holy Spirit.  At least that is what I get from their messages.  

Maybe I am naive and if I am please let me know but is it wrong to believe what God's word says?

Philippians 4:13  I can do all things through him who strengthens me

To me this verse says I can accomplish all things.  It's not me doing it but Christ doing all things through me.  Because of Jesus Christ I have hope, I have strength, I have faith.  Is it wrong to believe that if I lose my job, God will provide me anther one?  I am confused. 

John 10:10  The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy. I came that they may have life and have it abundantly.

If I read this correctly Jesus is telling His disciples, and us, that He came to give an abundant life.  Yes I agree some may concentrate much more on the money side of this verse, but to me it means that Jesus came for us to enjoy our life on this earth.  For me I believe He came to give us peace through trials and storms.  He came to give us an abundance amount of love.  He came to give us an abundant amount of forgiveness and grace overwhelming.  

So let me honestly ask this question, (and I am not be cynical here).  Who is concerned more about money, the preacher and/or teacher who teaches a prosperity gospel of Jesus Christ or the people pointing fingers at the ones teaching and/or preaching about the prosperity of truly knowing Jesus Christ?  Just a question people.  I am truly confused.  

I remember one time a man saying that rich people are always accused of being greedy and loving money, yet he also stated that people who live in poverty are also greedy and love money they wish they had.  I need clarity here!  True and honest clarity please not a bickering match of who is right and who is wrong.

Lord, guide me to the truth and the light you alone can give me.  Open my eyes to your truth in Jesus name I pray, amen!
 
  

No comments:

Post a Comment

CHEERS TO 2022

  I know it's been a few weeks since I graced you with my blog...sorry my mind has been elsewhere and my heart just hasn't been in i...