Wednesday, November 12, 2014

YOUR HEART IS A TREASURE CHEST!



My heart holds a treasure chest filled with precious memories of these crazy people.  Yes this is my family!!  I will claim every single one of them!  We are crazy and goofy but we are family.  Our bond is unbreakable and our love for each other is unconditional.  This is the treasure that fills my heart to overflowing.  I don't need a fancy car or a mansion on a hill.   I don't need priceless art work hanging on my walls because I have photos like these that fill my walls.  I also have colorings and drawings by my grandchildren, that is my priceless works of art!  My children fill my heart with love and joy.  My treasure chest is filled with things you cannot buy with money, like memories and love.  My treasure chest is filled with love from a Savior.  My treasure chest contains a book written many, many years ago that speaks of the truth of Jesus Christ.  You see, I learned a long time ago that the things we buy, like cars and art work and other material things, can overtake us and keep us from the real treasures, our family and our faith.

So many, too many, of us work countless hours and over stress our lives to provide the treasures that only money can buy.  We waste our lives working and striving for money, while our children just long to be with us.  We scrimp and save every penny for a future that may never happen.  We stockpile material treasures so that we can feel superior.  We hang our trophies up so that all the world can see and we have a list of accomplishments that we constantly brag about.  We take pride in all we do in this life.  We wave our successes like a flag, we fill our homes with precious things, and we invite others over to celebrate the treasures of our hearts.  When will we wake up?  What does it take for us to realize that anything we can buy can be replaced.  What has to happen for us to realize that these material treasures will rust and corrode?  When will we learn that the treasures we cherish most, the ones we put a price tag on, are worthless?

Matthew 6:19-21  "Do not lay up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy and where thieves break in and steal; but lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust destroys and where thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also. 

Our hearts can either be filled with monetary treasures that will rust and corrode, the treasures that thieves and robbers will steal, or our heart can be filled with love and joy and peace.  Each one of us has a choice.  I have chosen my Savior and my family!  No thief can steal either of these precious gifts.  Moths cannot eat through the fabric of my love for Jesus Christ and my family.  Nothing and no one can corrode the treasures that lie in my treasure chest.  Friends your heart can also be filled with priceless love.  Where your treasure lies, is where your heart lies.  I can instantly discern where a person's heart lies buy looking in their eyes and listening to their words.  Friends please take time today to examine what treasures you hold dear.  Evaluate where you heart lies by looking in the mirror and listening to your own words, for out of the heart, the mouth speaks.  

May our hearts become a treasure chest filled with unconditional love and acceptance.  May our treasures be filled with the love of our Savior, Jesus Christ and the memories of family.  May our speech come from a clean and righteous heart, in Jesus name I pray, amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

CHEERS TO 2022

  I know it's been a few weeks since I graced you with my blog...sorry my mind has been elsewhere and my heart just hasn't been in i...