Tuesday, January 27, 2015

WHAT'S MY ULTIMATE GOAL?

    

To be honest I am not a goal setter.  I love to "fly by the seat of my pants".  I love to "go with the flow".  I think you get it but as far as any goals, I have hardly ever had any in mind.  I think the reason has always been that is I do not set goals I will never get disappointed if I didn't make it to my goals.  I know doesn't sound logical but that is me.  

Jerry and I took a Dave Ramsey course a few years ago and he had a term that totally described me, a free spirit.  That is me in a nut shell and to someone who is not a free spirit, it can be very difficult to understand how I work and honestly it probably can be frustrating.  

Anyway there is now one goal that I have set before me, to get to know the power of the Holy Spirit that lies within me.  the funny thing is I set my goal, I make my plans, I get the supplies I need and the books I need to read and then God laughs.  His plans never seem to mesh with mine.  So I struggle, but this goal I will not give up on.  I will not surrender this goal.  I will do  my best to keep fighting my way no matter what lies before me.

Often times I struggle with my past goal failures and Satan constantly brings that up in my mind.  But this time I have my boxing gloves on and my fighting attitude.  I am ready, or at least I pray I am.  Why am I doing this?  Well my pastor did a talk on the Holy Spirit a few months ago.  He sited chapters and verses along with many other things.  In fact he had so much to say about it he continued it for an hour and a half the following Wednesday.  I took so many notes and this struck me so hard I knew that I had to set this as my goal for 2015.

My goal is set in stone and yes this free spirit will have to fight to maintain it, but I am determined, so pray for me.  

As I set forth in my goal I feel sort of odd since I am not a goal setter but this is not a mission I have given myself, God has given me this mission for a purpose.   

Philippians 3:13-14  Brothers, I do not consider that I have made it my own. But one thing I do: forgetting what lies behind and straining forward to what lies ahead,  I press on toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus. 

As I journey down this path in life I am awestruck by the simple beauty of a sunset that God continues to show me.  Over and over again I am able to witness a sunset that is stunning and breathtaking so I will not take these for granted.  I think of every sunset as a prize for continuing on my goal.  

This free spirit is breathing in every moment, every sunset, every breath and every smile.  I will forget what lies behind me and press on towards the goal God has given me.  Will it be a struggle and an upwards battle?  Probably but I am armed and dangerous.  

Lord instil me with the vision you have for me.  Give me the wisdom I need to accomplish this goal you have given me, in Jesus name I pray, amen. 

5 comments:

  1. thanks for sharing what God has done for u! may God continue to bless and guide u in everything :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. God bless and may He guide you in everything u do i pray He will help u accomplish that goal u set amen

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks for sharing what God has done for u! may God continue to bless and guide u in everything :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sister, I pray this goal, the hard work you are now enduring is for the Soul purpose to enter God's rest and see there is no struggle in struggles.
    So not easy to comprehend, you might be in for a bumpy ride, for I see anyone taking on this journey is worth it, in the long run, not necessarily in the short one here on earth

    May I ask this are you convicted, that is what I am hearing you are to stop certain things you never really thought about before, being this free Spirit you were, that just loved all as you do?
    Please see not to lose that as you get focused on stopping things that you are now convicted of, deeply so.
    I am glad you are on this Journey, and it takes to stand Col. 1:23 and that is talking of standing in verse 22, so you know. You will see the distinct difference in flesh trying to do (self) and God in what is done for you and know definitely which one to walk in and trust only, as Saul learned became Paul and says so in Phil 3:1-11 especially verse 3 before 10-11 can be seen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for sharing your thoughts. I know this journey will be tough and it is only by the grace of God that I will do it. God bless

      Delete

CHEERS TO 2022

  I know it's been a few weeks since I graced you with my blog...sorry my mind has been elsewhere and my heart just hasn't been in i...