Friday, October 22, 2021

FEAST ON THE GOODNESS OF GOD


 
A few days before Sean and Meghan's wedding we decided to get together with the original 6 of us.  Just Jerry and I along with our 4 children.  It was an amazing time I will cherish forever, I think we all will.  The thing that was special about that night was that we sat there for hours reminiscing and laughing until their were tears of joy running down our faces. We talked about the past, we talked about the future, we talked about our life together as a family.  In the midst of Sean's circumstances we rejoiced and celebrated family.  While we celebrated family, while we ate and drank, while we laughed and giggled, I was reminded once again of the goodness of our God.

For some of you I know it can be hard to understand how I can be joyous during this time.  Well....I trust in God!  I have seen His goodness!  I have experienced His faithfulness even in the hard times.  In fact it's in the hard times that I need Him the most and He has never failed me.  His plan and purpose for my life has always been perfect even when I may not understand, I may not want to go through what I'm going through, and I may not even like it...He always comes through.  His goodness and faithfulness has gotten me through some very hard times.  There have been times I have laid face down on the floor in total surrender with tears running down my face onto the carpet, He showed up.  May not always in the way I expected or hoped for, but always in the way I needed Him too.  

So often I can get so caught up in my circumstances that I have lost sight of God.  I rely on myself or other flawed human beings to get me out of my circumstances and it never works out the way I had planned or hoped for.  "What about me?" is a question that gets into my heart sometimes.  That old sinful, selfish nature that creeps into my heart with all it's lies and schemes.  That is the strategy of the enemy in my life.  I can easily look on everything that's going wrong in my life and be overwhelmed and undone by the gravity of it all.  I can look at what I don't have, I can dwell on who has offended me, I can get wrapped up in "What about me?"

BUT GOD...steps in.  Instead of focusing on the wrongs, the wants, the broken dreams...I see His goodness and faithfulness all over my life.  I read about His unfailing love and mercy and I am overwhelmed and undone by His presence in my life.  I see God's love, goodness, and faithfulness every time I look into the eyes of my family.  Sean is going through something I never dreamed could happen but instead of focusing on the disease, I choose to focus on God's goodness and faithfulness.  After all God is still performing miracles.  He still heals and moves mountains.  BUT GOD!!!!       

No comments:

Post a Comment

CHEERS TO 2022

  I know it's been a few weeks since I graced you with my blog...sorry my mind has been elsewhere and my heart just hasn't been in i...