Wednesday, October 13, 2021

CAUGHT IN A STORM



 


Have you ever been caught in a storm where you felt like your life was in danger?  Maybe a tornado or a hurricane?  I don't ever remember a tornado I experienced first hand, I heard many horror stories of people who survived these kinds of storms.  But there are so many different types of storms we can experience, weather rrielated storms, emotional storms, mental storms and physical storms.  I have lived through many of each of these, in fact as you know I am watching my son live through one now.  The thing I cling to during these stormy times in my life is that I am going through them.  I'm not stuck in the middle of a hurricane for the rest of my life, I get through it.  

Storms are not easy to maneuver through whether it's weather related or personal.  It can be very challenging to live through but when I focus on what's ahead I can get through it, sometimes without a scar, sometimes with numerous scars.  The thing I love to remember about storms is it's something I have to go through in life.  If life was easy with no storms, no bumps in the road, I wouldn't need God. How can I grow if I never face challenges?  How can I learn if everything I need is placed in front of me?  

Right now in this stormy season in my life  stay focused on the here and now.  This present day is a present.  It is a gift that I get to enjoy with my God and my family.  I celebrate every single day now.  I focus on getting through this situation.  I focus on getting Sean healthy and staying healthy for the rest of his life.  It may not seem like much but for me it's a lot.  That means for me...getting through...means a lot of praying and an enormous amount of trust in God.  I truthfully don't know how people go through this kind of medical storm with no faith in God. I know I would not want to endure this without my faith and belief in Jesus Christ.  I would not be able to go through this without knowing God has a plan and a purpose.    

"Only a fool says there is no God!" Psalms 14:1  

This storm is a process that I am going through and eventually I will come out after the storm to see His promises fulfilled.  I am going through.  With God on my side, I will come out of this storm stronger and more confident in His faithfulness.

No comments:

Post a Comment

CHEERS TO 2022

  I know it's been a few weeks since I graced you with my blog...sorry my mind has been elsewhere and my heart just hasn't been in i...