Wednesday, October 6, 2021

IN SICKNESS AND IN HEALTH


They knew the uphill battle they were facing when they said "I do"  They knew that "in sickness and in health" was true for them right now.  They knew that "in good times and bad" was something they were facing right now.  But that didn't matter.  Their love is very deep!  Meghan is the lady that Jerry and I prayed for for Sean.  Little did we know how much Sean would need her.  She is strong!  She is faithful!  She is a Jesus girl!  She love my son more than I could have ever dreamed.  When other women would have run away when facing the battle they do, she stayed!  She is fierce and determined to experience a future with Sean.  She prays and prays and prays some more.  She is his dream come true.

None of us know what life will throw at us.  Our minds and our heart will determine how we will handle the situations we are given.  We can be pitiful or powerful.  We can be angry or merciful.  We can be hateful or loving.  Either way we have a choice to make and the condition of our heart determines how we will act and react.  I have seen a lot of angry people recently, also a lot of depressed people.  This saddens me deeply because for the most part we can change our thoughts and control our actions and reactions.  We can decide to embrace life and love others or we can fight tooth and nail with others.  We can fall into a pool of despair or we can focus on Jesus Christ.

While it would be easy for me to fall into a pit of despair, I have decided not to.  I choose to look at the good.  I choose to live for today and embrace the blessings I have been given.  I want to cherish each and every moment I have been given.  I want to love every person I come across whether I agree with them or not.  I will not dwell on the news reports nor listen to any negative stuff.  I will not dwell in the past, I will not dwell on what is wrong in this world.  It's a choice!  
I remember one Deacon I heard talk about love....."Love is a decision.  Every day you wake up you have a choice to make, I choose to love." 

"When life throws you lemons, make lemonade!'  This saying is so true.  God has blessed me with the gift of choice and I choose life!  I choose love!  I choose forgiveness!  I choose mercy!   I choose Jesus Christ!  Why would I waste my life angry, bitter or depressed?  Why would I want that stress and anxiety in my life?  Jesus Christ does still heal!  His words speak life and hope!  He could run away from me with all my sins and struggles but He doesn't.  He is fierce!  He is strong!  He is faithful!  Now you see where Meghan gets it from...Jesus Christ.  

If you do not know Jesus Christ I challenge you to message me so I can tell you more about my Savior.  You'll never regret living life with Him but you will regret living life without Him.   


No comments:

Post a Comment

CHEERS TO 2022

  I know it's been a few weeks since I graced you with my blog...sorry my mind has been elsewhere and my heart just hasn't been in i...