Friday, October 8, 2021

PEACE IN THE MIDST OF A STORM



 


Peace...ah sweet peace!  A peace that surpasses all understanding.  How can peace reign in my heart with this storm happening around me?  How can I possibly enjoy my life in the midst of uncertainty?  Why am I not living in a state of severe depression?  Why am I not crying a bucket of tears?  Truthfully there are days I want to cry not a bucket of tears but a river of tears.  I want to scream and shout from the mountain tops.  Why God why?  Then I hear the tender whisper of a still, small voice calming my every fear, my every doubt..."I am with you and I am with Sean.  I've got this.  Trust in me!  Hope in me!  Surrender your son into my hands.  What is impossible with man is possible with Me!"

How can I not be full of peace?  It's not my peace that I have right now, it is the peace of God which surpasses all human understanding.  My heart is filled with joy as I watch my son and his new wife.  My heart is full of gratitude for the love I see in both of their eyes.  My family is stronger than ever.  Joined in prayer and unity to fight this battle with Sean and Meghan.  United we stand, divided we fall.  We will not allow the enemy to defeat us in the storm.  His plan is to get us so distracted that we lose our focus...Not Today Satan!!!  You will not win!

While I do not always understand God's will for our lives, I do not always agree with His plan, I may even pray against His plan, but no matter what, His plan with prevail!  The thing is many of us have lost our faith and belief that God still heals.  Yes even with todays modern medicine...God still does the miraculous, the unbelievable, and the unexplainable.  Doctors become baffled and often cannot explain what happened.  Doctors become confused and bewildered when test results show the impossible.  

My faith is in God.  He will do what only He can do in the midst of a storm.  "Be still and know that I am God!"  That is one of my battle cries right now.  Continue to pray for Sean, his faith and confidence is so encouraging.  I love you all and your continued prayers and support lift us up.   

No comments:

Post a Comment

CHEERS TO 2022

  I know it's been a few weeks since I graced you with my blog...sorry my mind has been elsewhere and my heart just hasn't been in i...