Friday, October 1, 2021

REALITY HITS ME WHERE I NEVER EXPECTED

 

August 27th, 2021 is a day I will never forget.  When I received a phone call saying they were going to operate on Sean's brain I thought I was going to faint at first.  My heart started pounding so loud I could hear it.  My thoughts started to jumble up in my own brain.  What was happening?  How could this be?  Was I still dreaming?  Or was I in the middle of a nightmare waiting to be awaken?  This had to be a cruel joke.  This was not reality, was it?  It was not a joke it was real.  Now I had to call his sisters....not an easy task at 6:45 in the morning.  I kept my composure for the most part, but I was numb.  I didn't have time to fall apart, I didn't have time to cry, my son needed me, my daughters needed me, my family needed me to be strong, so I clung to Jesus Christ for my strength because I truthfully couldn't be strong in my own power, I needed His power at work in me.

As we drove to the hospital, Jerry and I prayed the whole way there.  We listened to worship music and God began a series of whispers to me that carried me through what could have been a very dark time.  "I've got this!  I have a plan!  Trust in Me!"  This was one of the first whispers I heard.  A great faith welled up in me that is hard for me to explain to you.  But I knew that no matter what the diagnosis was, no matter what the prognosis was, God had a plan and His plan would not fail. 

His sisters immediately called off work and cancelled all their plans to be by Sean's side.  His fiancé (now his wife) Meghan never left his side except to eat and once and a while she went home to shower.  I was instantly comforted by my family!  Just the sight of all of us all standing there supporting Sean through this was breathtaking and overwhelming.  We gathered together with Meghan's family and ours to pray over Sean.  The nurses there were outstanding even though there was only supposed to be 2 at a time, they allowed us all back there, all 9 of us. The nurses even fibbed to the doctor so that Meghan and Sean could get married in a quick ceremony before the surgery.  This made this momma's heart so proud and so grateful.  

Sean's surgery was about 2 hours and the news was what the doctors had thought but we awaited the official results which ended up taking almost 4 weeks to get the complete picture.  We have an official diagnosis but I will not go into detail because like I said in the last blog....BUT GOD!  In my heart and from the whispers from God Himself, I know He has Sean in the palm of His hands.  He has a plan.  God is still a miracle worker, a way maker.  He is still the Lord who heals, Jehovah-Rapha!  He is the cure Sean needs.  Jesus Christ took our sins to the cross but He also took all our sicknesses and diseases with Him to the cross.  By His stripes we are healed.

2 weeks later, Meghan and Sean had a beautiful wedding ceremony and went on a honeymoon to New York City.  Sean's scars are healed now and his hair has grown back.  Now we look forward to the treatments that will begin shortly.  But no matter what comes our way...BUT GOD!!  



 

No comments:

Post a Comment

CHEERS TO 2022

  I know it's been a few weeks since I graced you with my blog...sorry my mind has been elsewhere and my heart just hasn't been in i...