Monday, December 1, 2014

A JOURNEY TO THE TRUE MEANING OF CHRISTMAS - DECEMBER 1


Luke 1:1-4  So many others have tried their hand at putting together a story of the wonderful harvest of Scripture and history that took place among us, using reports handed down by the original eyewitnesses who served this Word with their very lives.  Since I have investigated all the reports in close detail, starting from the story's beginning, I decided to write it all out for you, most honorable Theophilus, so you can know beyond the shadow of a doubt the reliability of what you were taught. 


My journey today starts in Luke.  You may ask why?  I don't know a lot about Luke but from what I understand he was a doctor.  Now the doctors I know are not feeble minded people who believe everything they hear.  Doctors do research, they run tests and compile results to see if the statements they hear are true. While Luke was not one of the original disciples that traveled around with Jesus, he was interested in what he had heard about this Jesus character, so he investigated.  Like our reporters do today, he interviewed people who were there.  He listened to the eye witness reports of what had happened and the book of Luke contains what he discovered.   There is no doubt in my mind that Luke was reporting on facts, not fiction.  He was stating with historical accuracy, what he had heard and witnessed first hand from testimonies of those who were there.  I do not believe he just took people at their word, he researched what they said.  

As an investigative reporter, we need to gather the facts, just the facts.  When we try to investigate what is really happening, we don't need drama or hype, we need facts and the only way to get that is to speak to the eye witnesses, as Luke did.  Since we were not there when Jesus lived on this Earth, all we have to go on is from the people who were there.  Luke listened and saw the proof and he believed.  A doctor who listened to scientific data, yes even back then.  A doctor who trusted results and proof, believed.   A doctor who wanted written documentation and data that would back up the results, believed.  He wasn't brainwashed.  He was a brilliant doctor in his days.  So why would a doctor believe in someone he never met or never saw, he listened and saw the proof.  

Beyond a shadow of a doubt, what I have been taught is reliable and accurate.   I will never doubt in Jesus Christ.  Although I have never met Him, face to face; although I have never talked with Him personally, face to face, I believe in Him.  Life is a mystery and we can either go through this life doubting everything we can't see, feel or hear or we can believe.  As for me I chose to believe.  I don't have to prove anything to anyone.  I do not have to defend my beliefs to anyone.  I have read the proof and heard the testimonies, my life has changed because of my beliefs.  

Last week as I struggled to put 3800 lights on this tree, God taught me a lesson in patience and persistence.  Trust me it would have been much easier to give up and not believe that I could do this, but God taught me to trust in Him even in the simple task of putting lights on a tree.  It took me 3 days, numerous cords I shorted out and accepting the fact that a 9 foot tree was too much, but I persevered and conquered the task at hand.  Some may say that this is too much work and effort into a tree that commercialized Christmas,  but for me this tree embodies the light of Jesus Christ.  It lights up my dark living room with just a flick of a switch, just as Jesus Christ  has lit up my heart.  

Christmas isn't about trees or presents or cookies or parties or stress, it;s about Jesus!  So as this season of Christmas begins, if you feel stressed and overwhelmed, stop and remember the true reason for the season, Jesus Christ.  For me the greatest present is my family gathered together to celebrate the birth of Jesus Christ.  

May this Christmas time be filled with peace, joy and love.  May our lives be illuminated by the light of Jesus Christ shining forth from our hearts, in Jesus name I pray, amen!  

No comments:

Post a Comment

CHEERS TO 2022

  I know it's been a few weeks since I graced you with my blog...sorry my mind has been elsewhere and my heart just hasn't been in i...