Thursday, December 11, 2014

A JOURNEY TO THE TRUE MEANING OF CHRISTMAS - DECEMBER 11TH



Luke 1:41 when Elizabeth heard the greeting of Mary, that the babe leaped in her womb; and Elizabeth was filled with the Holy Spirit.


Can you just imagine how Elizabeth felt when Mary came to visit her?  Think about it for a moment.  Just a cousin visiting her cousin.  No big deal!  This kind of stuff happens all the time.  What in the world was so special about this visit?  Oh I know they were both pregnant, right?  Well yea but something special happened when these 2 cousins greeted each other.   You all know the story or at least most of you do, but  what amazes me here is something I have missed for my entire life.  This thing I am going to talk about is something I never heard before in my entire catholic upbringing.  Yes I heard about Elizabeth's baby leaping for joy, but I never really paid attention to the last part of this verse, Elizabeth was filled with the Holy Spirit.  Are you serious?

Okay maybe some of you got that before but I never really did.  I mean it's amazing enough to realize that her baby leaped for joy when a barely pregnant Mary greeted her cousin.  It's like Jesus was working even as tiny as He was, secluded in the womb of Mary, He already had power.  Think about it!  I don't know about you but as far as I understand things back then, this kind of Holy Spirit stuff didn't happen much.  

The Holy Spirit, to be filled with the Holy Spirit is something not many religions talk about anymore.  In fact some religions don't think the gifts of the Holy Spirit are for this day and age.  I say poppy cock.  As for me, I rely on the gifts and the fruits of the Holy Spirit to get me through life.  The wisdom and the knowledge that is given to me through the Holy Spirit has changed me from the inside out.   The discernment I have has gotten me out of a lot of rough spots in my life.  My faith (which is a gift) has propelled me to new levels I never imagined possible.    As for the fruits, if I didn't have them, I would  be a basket case.  

As a Catholic I was confirmed in 8th grade.  Supposedly that is when I received the Holy Spirit.  Honestly to me and I truly believe most Catholics, it is just another sacrament.  I felt nothing, and nothing in my life changed.  To be truthful I did not fully comprehend who the Holy Spirit was.  His powers, fruit and gifts were not discussed, yet somehow I knew I was missing out on something spectacular.  I wish I knew then what I know now.  

Listen I am speaking from my personal experience so please do not get offended by what I say.  I knew nothing about the Holy Spirit until I stopped believing in religion and started believing in Jesus Christ and started reading my Bible.  When I started researching the power of the Holy Spirit, I was shocked.  I had missed out on a lot of amazing stuff.  When I verbally and literally stood among 17,000 women and accepted Jesus Christ as my Savior, I (like Elizabeth) was filled with the Holy Spirit.  I felt a warm rush that overpowered me from my top of my head to the tips of my toes.  From that day forward, my life, my personality and my words began to change for the better.

Like Elizabeth and I, you too can be filled with the Holy Spirit this Christmas season.  If you have never paid much attention to the Holy Spirit, take time in the next few weeks to  do a little research, you may be amazed at what you have been missing out on.

Lord, today I ask you to pour your Holy Spirit down upon me.  Fill me with your Spirit and teach me your ways oh Lord, in Jesus name I pray, amen!       

   

No comments:

Post a Comment

CHEERS TO 2022

  I know it's been a few weeks since I graced you with my blog...sorry my mind has been elsewhere and my heart just hasn't been in i...