Friday, December 5, 2014

A JOURNEY TO THE TRUE MEANING OF CHRISTMAS - DECEMBER 5




Isaiah 7:14  Therefore the Lord himself will give you a sign. Behold, the virgin shall conceive and bear a son, and shall call his name Immanuel. 

As I breath in this verse of scripture I am drawn to me knees in praise because of the name God gives His Son, Immanuel.  Which means; God with us.  The other fact about this that verse that puzzles me is that it was written hundreds of years before the birth of Jesus Christ.  The shear intensity of this verse is multiplied by this simple fact.  God wanted His people to know that He was sending a miracle baby, His only Son, to be born as a human being.  Just the idea of this is dumbfounding and overwhelming.  God came down as a baby to show us His amazing and unfailing love.  Some of you may argue that God and Jesus are 2 separate people.  While I am not a biblical scholar, I never went to college to study but Bible or history, I do know what God shows me.  Immanuel means God with us, not Jesus with us while God sits in heaven and watches.  I'm not 100% sure how this Holy Trinity thing works, but I believe it!  

God came down to rescue me and you!  He didn't have to!  No one made Him do it!  We did not do anything to deserve this!  God came down to earth as a baby.  Are you kidding me?  God!  God Almighty!  Creator of the heavens and the earth!   He could have came down as an adult on a brilliant white horse with wings, wearing a crown of gold and live in a castle, but no!  He didn't come like that.  He was born in a dark, dismal cave where shepherds kept their animals.  He was born to a virgin who should have been stoned to death for getting pregnant outside of marriage.  His step dad wasn't a king or even rich, he was a carpenter.  I don't even think they would be considered middle class by today's standards.  Mary and Joseph were your run of the mill, normal people with one exception, the had the privilege of giving birth and raising God.  

Imagine looking into your babies eyes and knowing that you are actually gazing into the eyes of God Himself.  That face you kiss and snuggle with every night is the face of God.  I could seriously cry just thinking about this.  My God reached down from heaven so that He could reveal Himself to me and you.  There is no gratitude that will suffice for this.  I thank God all the time for what He did for me, yet it just doesn't seem like enough.  Listen I know for some of you this stuff I'm talking about is hard to believe, I understand.  But this knowledge I have come to understand about the birth of Jesus Christ has changed my life forever and for the better.  I have a peace and a faith so deep that I cannot accurately describe it.  It has amazed me how much God has changed me.  Whether you believe or not is your choice, but also which choice you make you will also have to accept the consequences of those beliefs.  Sorry of that statement offends anyone but it is true with anything.  Any decision, any choice we make, whether spiritual, financial, or physical we have to face the consequences of those choices, nothing different here.

Listen His birth was predicted and prophesied hundreds of years before it happened.  Pharisees and Sadducees had scripture memorized frontwards and backwards and still missed Immanuel.  They knew God was sending a redeemer, a king, a messiah but they were looking in the wrong place.  They knew scripture, but they didn't know or understand scripture, they missed Him!  They were expecting a mighty warrior who would wipe out all their enemies and make Israel a great nation again.  They weren't looking for a baby.  They missed out on their Savior, they missed out on their God.  He was standing right in front of them and they missed it!  Please don't miss out on what God has waiting for you.  He loves you so much that He came down to earth as a baby and died a horrific death for you!  

Heavenly Father, how can I ever thank you enough for coming down to earth to save me?  Words can never begin to express my gratitude so instead I offer you myself.  All that I have and all that I do is for your glory and yours alone, in Jesus name I pray, amen! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

CHEERS TO 2022

  I know it's been a few weeks since I graced you with my blog...sorry my mind has been elsewhere and my heart just hasn't been in i...