Tuesday, December 30, 2014

OUT WITH THE OLD AND IN WITH THE NEW!



Okay 2015 is hours away for me and I am declaring 2015 as my year.  This will be my last blog of the year.  My intentions have been good for 53 years but intentions are meaningless.  Now I have new direction in which to go.  For too many years I have allowed others words and actions to derail me.  For too many years I have kept silent about who I really am. For too many years I have cowered in the background trying not to ruffle anyones tail feathers.  For too many years I have buried my dreams.  Not any longer.  

This year, 2015, I will not allow anyone's words or actions to derail me because God has a purpose for me and this blog.  I will no longer remain silent about who I am and I will not apologize for believing in Jesus Christ.  I will not cower for fear of ruffling anyone's tail feathers, because God gave me a voice to use and words to write.  I will no longer allow anyone or anything to crush my dreams of writing a book.  I may be 80 when I finally do, but I will someday do it.  

This may seem a little radical for me, but I am who God created me to be.  I am not perfect and never will be and that's okay!  I was bullied as a child in school and was the last girl chosen to be on a team for sports.  I was picked on and teased and laughed at for years.  Now days I can remember those things and thank God for those times because they made me stronger, but to say those things did not affect me would be a lie.   Some of you may not believe this to look at me now, but it happened.  I never thought of myself as a victim but I was and I acted like it.

I am who I am today because of those events and times and I wouldn't change a thing.  My past does not define me any longer.   2015 will bring out a new and more confident me.  Why?  Well I have the Holy Spirit of God living in me and with that comes the power of Jesus Christ.  His words dwell in my heart and His Spirit gives me the power and ability to be a disciple, not just a follower.  Debra Barron is now under a new management.

Funny thing is I have always had this management system, I just haven't tapped into it as much as I should have.  I have been given power to live my life to it's fullest.  I have been given the words to bring life to the hopeless.  Nothing can separate me from the love of God in Christ Jesus my Lord and Savior.  

Romans 8:38-39  For I am sure that neither death nor life, nor angels nor rulers, nor things present nor things to come, nor powers, nor height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God in Christ Jesus our Lord. 

I have a voice, I have a heart and I have power.  I also have a Savior who loves me and 2015 is my year of victory.  I will see my dreams come to pass.  I will no longer allow anyone else to define who I am or which direction I should travel in.  Jesus Christ, through His Holy Spirit that lives in me will be my GPS!  Nothing and no one will ever separate me from His love and His direction.

Lord help my words bring healing and restoration to those who have lived life being bullied.  May those who have been bullied make 2015 their year of victory in Jesus name I pray, amen  

1 comment:

  1. Amen!!!! For too long, my history has also held me back from walking into my destiny. Insecurities, REGRETS. God bless and be with you , out with the old, and into the New.

    ReplyDelete

CHEERS TO 2022

  I know it's been a few weeks since I graced you with my blog...sorry my mind has been elsewhere and my heart just hasn't been in i...