Monday, September 8, 2014

GOOD MORNING SUNSHINE




John 6:35  Then Jesus declared, "I am the bread of life. Whoever comes to me will never go hungry, and whoever believes in me will never be thirsty. 


This morning I woke up to the the light of the sun shining through my window.  The air was crisp, yet the water in the lake was warm.  The combination made for this awesome picture.  To me this is God speaking to me "Good Morning Sunshine" and after the night I had last night, (I'll explain later) this wake up call by God was amazing. As I watched the sunrise again this morning I was awestruck by the simple yet majestic beauty of this world God created for you and I.  I am so grateful for this world I get to see every day.  This place is like a little slice of heaven.  Peaceful, relaxing, calming, and beautiful most of the time.  Friday night however brought a storm on the lake like I had never seen.  The waves had to be a foot high and for a big lake that may not sound like that big of a deal, but for this small lake it was bad.  As the clouds rolled in, the wind increased and those waves rocked our boat and actually broke one of the poles that keep our boat anchored in place.  So needless to say, the boat was slamming up against the dock for what seemed like an eternity.  The black clouds poured down rain by buckets and lightening flashed across the sky.  A raft we had tied up to the dock, blew out of the water into our neighbors yard.  The scene was actually a little frightening.   As we watched helplessly all we could do was pray.  The boat is fine, a few scratches, but fine.  The raft is okay also, but I learned something important that night, Jesus took care of our needs. 

It's later!  Why did I have a bad night last night?  Yesterday began on such a high note for me.  Church was amazing, lunch out with Jerry was fantastic and a boat ride was priceless.  Because of our lunch I was not hungry but Jerry was.  I really don't know why, but lately I have started to hate to cook.  I don't know maybe it's because I've done it for 35 years, but I can go buy food and have it in the freezer, I can make plans but when it comes actual cooking, I don't want to do it.  My night went down hill after that.  It was quite disappointing for me to feel like I did after the amazing day I had had, but that sometimes happens to me.  You see the way I am beginning to understand this life is just when I think I have things going good and life is amazing, I get thrown another curve ball by Satan himself and I fall for it.  Like Joyce Meyer says, "new level, new devil"  and boy is she right.  That kind of stuff happens to me all the time.  Jesus starts to supply my needs and the devil tries to take them away.  Bam!  Hit in the head again.  Okay let me say this.  I may hate cooking, but that's really not the problem.  The problem is I am trying to grow and get back on track and the devil doesn't want me to so he tries to steal my joy, and for some stupid reason I let him last night.   Am I confusing you guys?  I think I may be confusing myself.  I feel like I'm rambling a bit but give me a moment here.

You see yesterday at church our pastor talked about this verse I have above.  The one about Jesus being the bread of life.  The way He explained it was different than I had ever heard before. Jesus wasn't just talking about filling our bellies, but supplying all our needs.  Physical, spiritual, financial and so many other ways we can't even imagine.  Jesus is the bread of life.  While bread fills our bellies, the bread Jesus gives us fills our hearts, our souls and our minds.  He can heal our addictions, He can heal our broken relationships, He can heal our wounded hearts and mend our damaged souls.  Jesus gives us life, a life that is not known to many.  Like me yesterday when I let the devil steal my joy,   Jesus restores it.  You see I really want to do my best to dive in deeper with Jesus and the devil does not want me to do that.  I have been hungry for more of God and the only way for me to fill that hunger is by going deeper with Jesus.  I cannot satisfy that hunger with just actual communion like I was taught in the catholic church, there is only one way to satisfy that hunger, read the Bible.  Jesus does not want us to rely on anything or anyone else to satisfy that hunger.  I need to chew on and devour as much about Jesus as I can.   Not literally but spiritually.  

Jesus is the bread of life and I want to have that bread.  I do not want to be hungry anymore.  I want my spiritual appetite to be filled and if I am not careful and cautious I will fill that hunger with senseless TV or movies that do nothing for me.  I want to go to a new level in Jesus Christ and to do that I know I will face some opposition but I know that if I fill myself up with the bread of life by reading the Bible and chewing up all the knowledge and wisdom I can, then all my needs will be met and I will never be hungry again.  Don't grab the wrong bread!  It's not just about communion, it's not just about physical.  It's about relationship!  It's about getting to know Jesus better.  It's about relying on Him and no one else, not even yourself!  

Jesus, fill me with the living bread you offer me.  Help me to chew on this living bread every second of every minute of every day so that I  can share this living bread with all I meet in Jesus name I pray, amen!

2 comments:

CHEERS TO 2022

  I know it's been a few weeks since I graced you with my blog...sorry my mind has been elsewhere and my heart just hasn't been in i...