Monday, September 29, 2014

STANDING IN THE PRESENCE OF GOD !


Psalm 68:8 (AMP)  The earth trembled, the heavens also poured down [rain] at the presence of God; yonder Sinai quaked at the presence of God, the God of Israel. 

As I sit here trying to take in all I have experienced last week I still feel like I am at a loss of words.  I wish I could describe with total accuracy what took place those 3 days in St. Louis.  This is my 6th year in a row that I have gone and I already have my ticket for next year along with the hotel room booked.  Now I have been on a few retreats in my lifetime, but this conference in St, Louis is special.  Joyce Meyer pours her heart and soul into this conference and it shows.  There is something about this time spent here that draws me.  I wish I could take all of you with me literally, but since I can't I will do my best to fill you in.  You see what you will never understand, unless you go there, is that in the middle of the Rams Stadium, the presence of God was felt stronger than ever.  His Holy Spirit invaded that football stadium on Thursday night and did not leave.  I felt every bone in my body tremble at the very presence of my Savior and His Spirit.  Believe what you will, think that I am crazy, but over and over again, my life, my spirit, my words and my heart has been transformed.  I know for some of you out there you may find it hard to believe that the presence of God could be anywhere but a church, He was there.  Father, Son and Holy Spirit were there.  I felt them, I breathed them in, and I saw them in the eyes of the thousands of women there.  

To stand in the presence of the Holy Trinity for me was amazing.  I have felt that presence a few times before, but never as strongly as I did last week.  I was bathed in the light of Jesus Christ and washed in His blood.  I was immersed in love of God, my Heavenly Father, and I was overtaken by the power of the Holy Spirit.  It was life changing for me.  Something happened to me over those 3 days that has transformed me.  It's really hard for me to explain without crying, but I feel different.  I feel like I am a new creature.  While I was there standing and worshipping God in His presence, something in me died, my old self.  Now I have experienced this before but this was something deeper, something more profound that I ever felt before.  I didn't need to sit on a mountain top, I didn't stare into the countless stars in the sky and I definitely wasn't in a church building.  In the middle of a football stadium, surrounded by thousands of women, I was infused with power, with love and with hope.  There was a sense of power that refreshed and renewed the Spirit of Jesus inside of me.  I almost felt like a bolt of lightening had struck me.  

2 Corinthians 5:17 (AMP)  Therefore if any person is [ingrafted] in Christ (the Messiah) he is a new creation (a new creature altogether); the old [previous moral and spiritual condition] has passed away. Behold, the fresh and new has come!  

Standing beside my daughter Beky, I did all I could to continue standing (there was a concrete floor underneath me).  I didn't say anything to her or any of the women I was with, because it actually was a little frightening at the time.  "Did I actually just feel that or is it my imagination?"  It wasn't my imagination.  I stood there with tears in my eyes, in a stadium filled with women I felt like it was just God and I.  It's hard for me to put into words but that time in St. Louis spent with my daughter and God was priceless.  My life will never be the same and as I continue doing what God has called me to do I will take some time these next few weeks and fill you in with what I have learned.  I know there are some people who think I may be a little crazy, and you know what?  I am!  I am crazy about Jesus Christ.  I am crazy about God!  I am crazy about the Spirit of the living God which dwells in me.  I am crazy about the power that has invaded me.  I am crazy about the love that has overtaken me.  I am crazy about the forgiveness I have received.  I am crazy with anticipation for what God has planned for me.  I am crazy about my eternity in heaven and I want to take all of you with me.  

I love this life I have, this life that Jesus Christ died to give me.  I love this life God has blessed me with.  I love life!  With all it's ups and downs, this roller coaster called my life is amazing.  I will not think about the downs, I will pray scary prayers (not scared prayers) and let God handle the downs.  I will embrace this life and the purpose God has for me, whatever that may be.  I am equipped and empowered by the Holy Spirit to accomplish whatever I need to accomplish for the Glory of God!  No devil in hell or on earth will lead me astray.  I know that the devil will use people in my path to try to lead me astray and get me upset, he already has.  Moment after the conference was over I was tempted to be hurt and angry by a few women I brought with me to the conference.  But with the help of my daughter and God I quickly remembered that I have the power of God inside of me and through the blood of Jesus Christ, The devil has already been defeated.  "Use who ever you will devil, I am a child of the Most High God.  I know that I have the power of God inside of me and no matter what or who you use, in the end I win!"

Jesus Christ, you knocked at my door may times and I have answered it, but today I not only answer that door, I will remove that door forever,  You have filled me with your presence so deeply that I am brought to tears at the mere thought of it.  Use me in whatever way you need to in order to fulfill your purpose for my life.  In Jesus name I pray, amen!  

No comments:

Post a Comment

CHEERS TO 2022

  I know it's been a few weeks since I graced you with my blog...sorry my mind has been elsewhere and my heart just hasn't been in i...