Monday, August 18, 2014

REJOICE IN THE STRUGGLES?



Romans 8:35-39  ( The Message)  Do you think anyone is going to be able to drive a wedge between us and Christ's love for us? There is no way! Not trouble, not hard times, not hatred, not hunger, not homelessness, not bullying threats, not backstabbing, not even the worst sins listed in Scripture: They kill us in cold blood because they hate you. We're sitting ducks; they pick us off one by one. None of this fazes us because Jesus loves us. I'm absolutely convinced that nothing—nothing living or dead, angelic or demonic, today or tomorrow, high or low, thinkable or unthinkable—absolutely nothing can get between us and God's love because of the way that Jesus our Master has embraced us.



This is my daughters puppies, Stanley and Dudley.  They are brothers and like us humans they sometimes wrestle with each other and horse around.  They love these times of chasing each other  and playing together.  They struggle and fight, they nip and bite, yet eventually enough is enough and they tire out and give up.  They have so much fun during these times of struggle, it's a game to them. They rejoice and celebrate each other, while being attacked and chased.  I think it's the thrill of the game knowing that in the end, it will all be okay.  Of only we could live our life like these 2 and earn to embrace the struggles and actually learn to enjoy them.  That's right I said enjoy them.  "How in this world do you expect us to enjoy, let alone rejoice, in our times of struggles?  How can you say that?  Do you have any idea the struggles I have been through?  That is ridiculous"  I know it may sound a little far fetched but please stick with me a moment.  You see I know full well that this Earth,  is an abusive place to live.  Sometimes I feel like the Earth has swallowed me whole, chewed me up and spit me out.  This Earth and all it's inhabitants has left all of us battered and bruised.  Wars, diseases, global warming, death, pain, depression, hatred and anger are just a few of the many battles and struggles we hear about and some of us face on a daily basis.   This Earth with all it's natural beauty can be a very ugly place to live.  

Cancer, Ebola, Aids, and so many other crippling diseases are killing people and destroying peoples lives.  Financial disasters are happening every day and people are left broke and homeless.  War has pit nation against nation and has even divided nations.  Hatred has been spewed on every news channel around the world.  This world is ugly and painful.  How can anyone be expected the rejoice with all this pain and sorrow?  Well the answer is crystal clear to me.  I have the hope and the promise of eternity in Heaven.  God never promised us that this life would be a walk in the park.  "I never promised you a rose garden, along with the sunshine, there has to be a little rain sometimes"  This line is from an old country song.  But it rings true still today.  God did not promise that his life would be pain free and glorious.  If it was, we wouldn't need Him.  As it is now, this world seems filled with evil.  It seems lie Satan has taken over the world and we are all victims in his sick game.  Well, let's be honest here, Satan has not taken over the world, thank God, but he is out to harm us and destroy us.  Us Christians are targets for his wrath.  He wants us to become beaten down and depressed by the struggles we go though.  He wants us to have a poor  pitiful me attitude when we are going through a storm.  He wants us to lose hope and lose our joy and peace.  Sadly we fall for his tricks.   So many of us Christians become bitter, angry, resentful, depressed and hate filled believers.  So many of us have lost our joy, lost our hoe, lost our vision for what is going to come.  

It really saddens me to hear the words some believers say.  "Why is God punishing me?"  "Why can't God just step in and intervene?"  "This is all God's fault!  Where is He?"   I know that it may seem rather harsh for me to say, rejoice in the struggles and the storms in life, but that is what we should do.  God is not causing this, yes He may be allowing this but ultimately it will be for our good.  If life was a piece of cake with no problems, no storms, no pain, we would never grow or learn or change.  We wouldn't need God.  Think about all we have learned through the  storms and struggles in our life.  Think about all the times we have come out on top of the storm.  Think about the simple joy we feel after the storm has passed.  I know for me personally these struggles have changed me for the better.  I do my best to remember to rejoice during the struggles.  I get out my music and crank it up loud and sing along with Chris Tomlin's  "Amazing Grace".  I raise my hands high to heaven and celebrate with Casting Crown's "Lifesong".  I fall to my knees and thank God for the sacrifice of Jesus Christ when I hear Santcus Real's song, "I'm Forgiven".   I love the way The Message Bible says these verses.  It's so true!  Nothing can separate us from God's love so why are we so uptight and depressed?  I know where my eternity will be spent, do you?  I know that no matter what I go through, God is there loving me and embracing me because I have accepted and truly believe in His Son Jesus Christ.  Nothing Satan can throw at me will ever faze me because Jesus Christ is the center of my life and lives in my heart.  The Holy Spirit of God dwells in me because of the blood Jesus shed so why should I live this temporary life depressed and miserable?  I shouldn't and I won't! When I dwell in God's Holy Word and obey Him and since I believe in His only Son, Jesus Christ, my eternity is promised.


Listen life is hard.  Harder for some than others, but no matter where you live or how you live, there is hope.  There is a reason to rejoice in the struggles and pain, this world is only temporary.  I have an eternity promised me that will be pain free and struggle free.  I will walk amidst the wild flowers and sing the praises of my God who loves me enough to send His only Son to die for my sins.  I will float on a cloud and hear the angles singing hymns of glory.  I will have angel wings and soar above the storms and lift my head to heaven.  I will rejoice with every other believer and have a constant smile on my face.  If that is what is waiting me, why shouldn't I live that way now?  I should live that way on a daily basis.  I should be a light in the darkness of this world.  I should be a beacon of hope to the lost and broken of this world.  I should shine my light among others until the whole world sees and hears about the amazing love of my Savior, Jesus Christ!  Will you join me?  Let's start praising God and rejoicing in the struggles.  Let's learn and grow together during these times of struggles.  

May the struggles in life, never wear you down or beat you down, may they lift you up and raise you up to a new level of praise.  May we learn to rejoice in the times of struggles and embrace the grace Jesus died o give us and the promise of eternity with Him, In Jesus name I pray, amen!

1 comment:

  1. I believe God brings us to and through things to strengthen our relationship with him. Not everyone can see that and those are the people we need to pray for each day because they either do not believe in God or have lost faith along the way. They are open to condemnation. Right now I am going through a hard time that I know in the end God will bring us through, there will be hard days I have to go through but the light is always there guiding me no matter how small it gets, it never quite leaves me behind.

    ReplyDelete

CHEERS TO 2022

  I know it's been a few weeks since I graced you with my blog...sorry my mind has been elsewhere and my heart just hasn't been in i...