Thursday, August 7, 2014

FOR THE SAKE OF EVERYONE AROUND YOU, LET IT GO!!!




Genesis 1:27  So God created man in His own image, in the image and likeness of God He created him; male and female He created them.


Today I chose to let go of the past and focus on my today.  There are times when it is good to relive the past.  Memories of loved ones who have past, joyful celebrations like Christmas, birthdays, weddings, babies and vacations make the past fun to glance back at.  But when we dwell on the pain and hurt that caused us so much turmoil, it is foolish to keep focusing on that stuff.  It's time to let it go!  Time for a new focus and new day and a new hope.  I know there have been times I have talked about the past in this blog, but that is so that maybe it could help someone else, but I truly do not live in the past any longer.  Those painful childhood memories have caused me too much pain and that is not who I am.  I am not my past.  I am not the same person I was.  The past has changed me and that's okay.  The past has helped me to have a clearer vision of who I am not.  As I go through life there will always be those pains and hurtful things that happen, but if I dwell on it and whine about it and tell everyone I know how awful I feel, then I am creating a state of depression for myself.   I do not care what anyone else thinks about me, nor do I strive to be someone else just to please others.  I am the me God created me to be.  I am the me I always wanted to be.  Perfect? Oh heck no!  I am who I am!  

So many of us live in the past and dwell on every wrong or mean thing others have said about us.  We constantly remind ourselves of the names we were called in grade school by the local bully.  We focus on the gossip that was spread about us and we sink into a state of depression so deep that only drugs and countless hours of therapy will  undo.  For some reason we believe the lies of others.  We cower behind the couch hiding from others.  We sink into a pool of tears and wonder what is wrong with us?  We hide out from the world hoping no one will ever see us or judge us again.  We think maybe if we don't speak, if we aren't heard from and if we're not seen, then we can't be hurt.  We distance ourselves from friends and family so we can't be hurt.  We are afraid to let anyone love us because we are so undeserving and so miserable.  Why would anyone love us?  Sound familiar?  I used to feel this way.  I lived in the past and so myself through the eyes of others.  Their comment stung like a knife through my back.  Their looks pierced my skin like a thousand needles.  I felt their judgement and heard their whispers.  I believed their lies.

Lies?  Yes lies!  I discovered the truth about me and stopped dwelling in the past.  I have let it go and moved on to becoming me.  You see the truth I discovered is God created me in His image.  I was created by the creator of the world.  Hand crafted and original masterpiece I am a work in progress.  I may stumble, I may fall, I may sin, but my God still loves me and if He says I'm okay, who am I to argue with God?   I never learned in my catholic grade school or high school that I was made in the image of God, I don't know maybe they thought it would go to my head, but that was never stressed to me.  It was never discussed that Satan is a liar, but he is.  Satan will use anyone and everyone, even well meaning christians, to make you feel like a loser.  Don't fall for it!  I know who I am and what I have, it says so in the Bible.  I believe the word of God more than I believe anyone else.  So let me tell you a few things God says about you.  

You were created in the image of God Himself.  Hand crafted and original work of art is what you are.  You are the head and not the tail, you are above and not beneath. You are a masterpiece and you are loved.  You are strong, you shall not die, but live and declare the works of the Lord.  God's plans are for your good, not for disaster.  God will work all things out for your good.  Jesus came to give you a full and promising life.  God is for you!  You can do all things through Christ who strengthens you.  You are chosen and adopted by a heavenly Father who loves you. You are saved by the grace of God, it's a free gift. God will give you the desires of your heart.  

This is just a few things that I pulled out of the Bible but I want you to grasp this today.  Maybe if we really concentrated on who God says we are, we can throw away those prescriptions and do away with the counselor.  You see God is my counselor, my healer, and my redeemer.  Jesus Christ is my Savior and although some people may not believe as I believe I will not be quiet!   I have been saved by the blood of Jesus Christ.  It is no longer me who lives, but He who lives in me.  Jesus died to let go of my past, so I must do the same.  Will you join me and learn to let it go?

Lord Jesus Christ, today I chose to let go of my past.  I believe you died to erase my past sins, so today I chose to focus on who you say I am.  I chose to focus on becoming the me you created me to be, help me and strengthen me to be able to let it go, in Jesus name I pray, amen!  

No comments:

Post a Comment

CHEERS TO 2022

  I know it's been a few weeks since I graced you with my blog...sorry my mind has been elsewhere and my heart just hasn't been in i...