Tuesday, August 12, 2014

IN THE STILL OF THE NIGHT



Gen 1:16-18  And God made the two great lights—the greater light to rule the day and the lesser light to rule the night—and the stars.  And God set them in the expanse of the heavens to give light on the earth, to rule over the day and over the night, and to separate the light from the darkness. And God saw that it was good. 

It's 4:20 in the morning and for some absurd reason God has woken me up.  At first I cannot comprehend the reason.  It's way too early for me, Yet here I am awake.  As I stare out into the darkness of the night, a fog has settled on the lake.  Yesterday it rained finally and now the humidity seems to be at 100%.    The air is still, the lake is smooth as glass and the light from the moon seems to pierce through the fog like a sword cutting through armor.  I am amazed at the stillness and the darkness.  I see no stars, I feel no breeze, I cannot even see a ripple in the lake.  In fact I cannot see much of the lake since the fog has moved in.  The island, which is straight across from our home, is barely visible.  What is it about the darkness of the night that seems so scary, yet so intriguing?  I am not one who likes the darkness.  I have always had to have some sort of night light on ever since I was little.  As I look into the darkness, as I stare at the lake I wonder if God was thinking that on this day, at this time I would wake up to witness a scene that was special.  Did He plan this time for me to see the fog, the darkness, the stillness, and feel the humidity?  Maybe I'm weird but I truly believe He did.  

Maybe it's the quietness of the night that is special.  No conversations, no appointments, no TV,  no noise, just the stillness of the night with the subtle sound of a ticking clock in the background.  Darkness, silence and me sitting here typing.  What was God thinking of when He woke me up?   He knows how important  my sleep is to me.  I look at this verse of scripture and realize that I need to thank Him for all the night lights He created for me to see.  All the stars in the sky, the moon and the distant planets and galaxies that fill the night sky remind me of anther set of verses in scripture that speaks of the heavens, the night sky and the sun.  I have read these verses many times before, but for some odd reason, when I read them in the Message Bible, it really seemed to come to life.

Psalm 19:1-4  A David psalm. God's glory is on tour in the skies, God-craft on exhibit across the horizon.  Madame Day holds classes every morning, Professor Night lectures each evening. Their words aren't heard, their voices aren't recorded, But their silence fills the earth: unspoken truth is spoken everywhere. God makes a huge dome for the sun--a superdome! 

The heaven's declare the glory of God.  That is so true.  I am fascinated by all that occurs in the skies.  The sunrises and sunsets, the stars and the moon.  The warm sun that heats up the Earth to the perfect temperature.  One inch closer and we would be too hot, one inch further and we would be too cold. Simply amazing!  As I sit here thinking about the skies, thinking about the night, thinking about all I have witnessed in the skies in my lifetime, I am awestruck and bewildered that anyone could ever believe that this world just magically appeared out of nothing.  I am saddened by the fact that some people have chosen to deny the existence of God just because He cannot be seen by human eyes.  I don't understand it because I see Him everywhere I look.   I see His handiwork in the darkness of the night and I see the masterpiece He creates with each sunrise and sunset.  I see Him in the eyes of my husband, my children and my grandchildren.  I hear Him when they speak and I feel His love when they hug me.  

I find it sad that people deny God because I live in His presence every day, and every night.  He is with me right now as I am typing this.  I am almost in tears right now as I feel His love surround me in the stillness of this night.  Call me crazy but I would rather die than live without feeling His presence, His love and His acceptance.  If you do not know this feeling, than I pity you.  God is simply amazing and His presence dwells in me and brightens my darkest nights.  There is something comforting in realizing that God is watching over me, guiding me and protecting me.  God sent His only Son as a sacrifice for me and you.  Go ahead and keep denying that Jesus Christ is Lord and Savior, I will never deny it.  Call me weird, I really don't care, but I am totally in love with Jesus Christ and together with God and the Holy Spirit, they rule my life.  

May the darkness of the night never swallow or overtake you.  May the light, the hope of Jesus Christ pierce through the darkness of the devil.  May Jesus Christ never deny your existence in Jesus name I pray, amen 

No comments:

Post a Comment

CHEERS TO 2022

  I know it's been a few weeks since I graced you with my blog...sorry my mind has been elsewhere and my heart just hasn't been in i...