Wednesday, May 26, 2021

WHO ARE YOU FIGHTING?


 As I sit here today I'm trying to gather my words together and compose something that may speak to your heart.  As I try to battle the thoughts going on in my mind, God is trying to get my attention.  You see this is not my blog, it belongs to God.  I'm just the one tying the words and living it out.  Day by day, hour by hour, minute by minute and second by second I struggle with what's going on in the world around me.  There is so much division in the world.  There is so much anger.  There is so many people living their lives offended.  There are so many people offering up their opinions.  It's a struggle not only in America but in this world.  The thing I find so funny is that so many of us seem so surprised and frustrated by all of this.

I will admit it...I'm weird.  God has wired my brain differently.  I see all that is happening around us, I hear all the frustration and anger and I actually find it amusing.  I know your probably asking; "How can you find this amusing?"  Well let me explain.  You see I have read the Bible.  I know that through all this confusion and chaos, the enemy (yes I'm talking about Satan himself) is at work.  He's sitting in hell scheming and  strategizing ways to create all of this chaos and confusion.  He's stirring the pot and causing hatred and rage.  He's pitting us against each other and it looks like he's winning the battle, at least that is what he thinks and hopes.

But like I said, I've read the Bible and I know in the end we win!  As believers in Jesus Christ, we have an armor that no power of hell can destroy, that is if we put it on.  That is the key.  We have to daily put on God's armor.  We have the weapons we need and we have the power to defeat the enemy through Jesus.  We cannot fight this battle by ourselves.  We need the power of God at work in us through our faith in Jesus Christ.  Without God, without Jesus and without the Holy Spirit, we cannot battle the enemy and win.  

I find this amusing because we are so busy fighting each other that we've ignore the real culprit...Satan.  Our fight is not against flesh and blood.  To blame each other, to point fingers at each other, to yell and scream at each other, to fight each other is wrong.  This is what the enemy wants.  He is behind all of this chaos and turmoil.  We cannot win this battle if we are fighting each other.  We cannot win this battle without the power of God.  In fact we don't even need to fight because God will fight your battle for you.  As a believer in Jesus Christ, when we are clothed in the armor of God, the battle belongs to God and He always wins.  So let's stop fighting each other and unite in prayer.  Let's concentrate on the real enemy, the real deceiver.  

I am amused and laugh because my confidence is in God.  I look at the world around me and I stand in awe because I know greater is He who is in me than he who is in the world.  I get excited when I hear of chaos because my first thought is...Oh boy what's God going to do through all of this?   It's a great way to live because, 

I trust You Jesus!  I know you will work ALL things out for my good . 

No comments:

Post a Comment

CHEERS TO 2022

  I know it's been a few weeks since I graced you with my blog...sorry my mind has been elsewhere and my heart just hasn't been in i...