Friday, May 7, 2021

HOLD ON? WHY?


 
What are you holding onto that you need to let go of?  We all have things that happen to us in our lives that we hold onto.  Maybe someone hurt you, maybe someone offended you, maybe someone stirred up a feeling in you that you didn't expect.  Maybe someone didn't meet our expectations.  Whatever it that is holding you down, it's time to let go.  So many of us become trapped in this world of emotional hurt that we loose sight of what is happening now.  So many us become entangled in a web despair that we don't know how to live without it.  It actually becomes part of our personality.  We become so guarded that we shield ourselves from the here and now because of the hurt we experienced years ago.

I've been there!  I've done that!  I held onto the emotional pain of the past and it almost destroyed me.  I became distant and I hid my heart in a place where no one could find it.  I didn't want to o through that hurt ever again.  The thing is that I missed out on the present. I didn't really enjoy what was happening around me because I was holding onto something I couldn't change.

I'm sure you've all been there at one time or another.  The only thing that got me through times like these was the love of Jesus Christ.  He redeemed my past and erased it.  He taught me many valuable lessons through these times, but His love and grace helped me to forgive and let go.  Only after I was able to forgive and let go, was I able to move on.  

Holding onto past hurts, holding onto past feelings, holding onto past expectations leads no where.  Clinging to what is behind us is meaningless.  The love and grace of Jesus Christ comforts me, heals me and frees me.  God Does not hold onto my past so why should I?  


No comments:

Post a Comment

CHEERS TO 2022

  I know it's been a few weeks since I graced you with my blog...sorry my mind has been elsewhere and my heart just hasn't been in i...