Monday, May 24, 2021

ME AND MY TEDDY


 This is my youngest grandchild.  She is so stinkin' fun.  I have a teddy bear I keep in our home that has a very special meaning to it.  My grandpa's name was Theodore.  Everyone called him Ted.  When he died my grandma bought this "Ted-dy bear" to remind her of him.  When she died I wanted this bear.  To some it was a meaningless stuffed animal, but for me it connected me with my grandparents.  Shelby has connected with this bear in an interesting way.  You see when she came to our new home after it was built, the first thing she did was go inside our house and grab this bear.  Funny thing is that she never saw this bear before.  It was packed up and in storage before she was born.  How did she know that was there?  I don't get it but her personality has been making me wonder if has inherited some of my grandma's quirkiness.  Could that be why she is so connected to this bear? 

I absolutely love stuffed animals.  Growing up one of the hardest moments in my life was when we went on a vacation and I lost my favorite stuffed animal in one of the motels we stayed at.  I was traumatized.   This stuffed dog is something I took to bed with me every night.  It was my comfort, my protector, my shield.  It made all my nightmares vanish and made the end of a hard day, better.  I know Jerry probably thought I was a little crazy because I loved buying our children (and now our grandchildren) stuffed animals.  They had numerous stuffed animals.  For me these were more than mere toys, they all had a special meaning.  I know I'm strange, but that's okay.  

Now that I am an adult I still need someone to bring me comfort, peace, security.  I still need a protector and a shield.  I need someone who will be my rock, my fortress, my refuge in a storm.  Yes my Jerry is all that and so much more because he has my heart for life.  But as much as I love Jerry, there has always been an emptiness that no other human love could fill.  We see people all the time struggling with this emptiness.  Some use money, sex, drugs or alcohol to fill the void.  No matter how much they drink, no matter how many drugs they take, no matter how much sex they have, no matter how much money they spend there is still a void that cannot be explained.

Well, let me try to explain it.  There is a God shaped hole in every human beings heart.  If you do not fill the hole with God, nothing else will.  God is the only one who can fill that void and remove that emptiness.  He is the only one who can give you the comfort and peace you're longing for.  Everything is meaningless and empty without God.  There is no peace without God.  There is no hope without God.  There is no grace without God.  He is my refuge, my fortress, my God in whom I trust.  He is my hope, my peace and my love.  

It is only through the blood of Jesus Christ that I received the grace I needed to have a relationship with my Heavenly Father, my Abba, my God.  There is a popular true saying:

Know Jesus, Know God
No Jesus, No God.

No comments:

Post a Comment

CHEERS TO 2022

  I know it's been a few weeks since I graced you with my blog...sorry my mind has been elsewhere and my heart just hasn't been in i...