Wednesday, May 5, 2021

STORMY WEATHER


 
The sun shines brightest for me after a storm.  Don't ask me why I don't understand myself but this is one of the reasons I love storm clouds, it makes the sun shine so bright and it also makes for spectacular sunsets.  Why does it always seem to take a storm to make us more aware of a God's infinite power?  There is something that happens in all of us when a storm is approaching.  For some of us it's a fear, for some of us it's interesting, then there are those few storm chasers who get an adrenaline rush.  No matter where you are storms are challenging and sometimes frightening.  

While storms can bring much needed rain, they can also bring devastation and chaos.  This is springtime, the time of year when storms are expected.  People that live in the plain states especially are on guard and extra cautious.  Most people in these states make plans ahead of time.  They take precautions ad line up provisions just in case.  Water, candles, canned food, batteries, flash lights, blankets and so on, are on hand just in case.  They plan ahead, just in case.

So what plans are you making just in case of a storm?  I'm not talking about a weather storm with lightning and thunder, I'm talking about well...how about a medical diagnosis that causes a storm in your life?    Or how about a financial storm?   Or how about a spiritual storm?  We have all probably experienced the first 2 storms, but how about the third one?  Have you ever experienced a spiritual storm?  A storm that fills you with doubt and worry?  A storm that maybe even makes you question if God really hears you?     

There is times in everyone's lives when it feels like we are in a storm filled with worry and doubts.  We wouldn't be human if we didn't.  The thing I've learned about these storms is that times like these always means a lesson is coming my way.  You see the enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion waiting to steal, kill and destroy you.  He wants these storms to draw you away from God.  He will occasionally use the people closest to you to stir up a storm of biblical proportion.  He wants you to concentrate on the darkness, the thunder, the destruction.  He wants you to be filled with fear and doubt.  He wants you to worry your life away.

But there is always light at the end of a storm.  There is always the sun shining behind those dark clouds.  There is a promise from Almighty God that He will carry you through the storms no matter how dark, no matter how much destruction the enemy causes.  God can and will turn it all around for good.  He always has, always does and always will.  

The storms in my life may distract me and cause me to become distraught, but God has always come through for me.  He has literally reached down and picked me up off the floor.  He has dried many pools of tears from my face.  He has held me as I mourned the loss the storm caused. He continues to guide me through the storms in my life.  Without Him, without His love, without His grace I would not be where I am today.  I have learned many valuable lessons in the storms that I would not have learned otherwise.  So during this stormy season in our lives, let us draw near to God and allow Him to guide us through this time and help us learn a lesson.   

No comments:

Post a Comment

CHEERS TO 2022

  I know it's been a few weeks since I graced you with my blog...sorry my mind has been elsewhere and my heart just hasn't been in i...