Wednesday, May 12, 2021

RUNNING FREE


 
These are the Salt River wild horses out in Mesa, Arizona.  These creatures are simply amazing and breathtaking to behold.  They run free in the desert, they drink fresh water out of the Salt River.  To see them running free is too hard for me to describe because I get emotional about these amazing horses.  The greatest thing about them is that there is an organization of volunteers who protect these wild horses.  You may ask why they need protection if they are wild?  Well unfortunately there are people who try to shoot these horses.  I don't understand why, I don't get it.  But anyway this organization right now is also feeding them because of the severe drought out there.  Without this food, they would die.  This organization loves these horses, I love these horses.  When I see them running free it makes my heart skip a beat and brings a tear to my eyes.

Why?  Well when I see these amazing animals I think about the creation story.  I think about how God decided to create so many beautiful animals.  (I also wonder who He created mosquito's and spiders and snakes, but that's for another day.)  I love nature.  I love sunsets and sunrises.  I love flowers and mountains.  I love beaches and sunshine.  I love forests and deserts.  I love spring and summer and fall.  (Notice I didn't say winter.)  There is so much beauty in God's creation and I talk a lot about nature and the beauty all around us so today I wanted to discuss these stunningly majestic creatures...the wild horses of Salt River.

Nature at it's finest!  God's glory on display!  I watch these horses and think about how amazing it is to be free, to live free.  For me I live in the freedom that Jesus Christ died to give me.  The freedom that no matter where I am or what I am doing, the Holy Spirit of my Savior is within me.  It is a gift I cherish deeply.  For me when I see these horses running free, it reminds me that I too am free.  I am free to run the race God has given me.  Free to worship God and praise the name of Jesus Christ.  Free to allow the Holy Spirit to teach me and guide me as I run this race called life.

No one's race is exactly the same.  No one's journey is similar.  No one's path is identical.  We are all on aa journey to freedom through the blood of Jesus Christ.  Unfortunately some of us get lost on our journey.  We forget about the freedom we have, we forget about Jesus' number one rule...LOVE OTHERS.  How many of us have become judgmental with each other?  How many of us get so wrapped up in head knowledge that we lose track of heart knowledge?  How many of us get lost in rules and regulations?   

Freedom to love others is a heart issue and has nothing to do with how much of the bible you have memorized.  Freedom = grace.  God's amazing grace is on display for all to see in these horses and the volunteers.  Serving others, allowing others to have an opinion that's different than yours, sharing God's love with others.  That is my idea of freedom.  So what is your heart saying about you?  Are you truly free?  Freedom. true freedom is only found in Jesus Christ.
     

No comments:

Post a Comment

CHEERS TO 2022

  I know it's been a few weeks since I graced you with my blog...sorry my mind has been elsewhere and my heart just hasn't been in i...