Friday, May 14, 2021

WE INTERRUPT YOUR PLANS FOR AN IMPORTANT ....



Quite a few months ago while I was in church I noticed a young lady with her head down.  After service was over I saw the tears in her eyes.  Instead of ignoring her and walking away to mingle with my normal group of friends, God whispered for me to go over to her and see if she was okay.  He interrupted my plans for His plans.  He made me pause and notice someone I was not expecting to notice. Anyway I found out a member of her family was recently diagnosed with the "c" word, (not covid).  So I dropped to my knees and prayed for her and others joined me.  It was an awesome experience but I forgot about it until Sunday, Mother's Day.  This same young lady brought me this single rose to thank me for praying for her.

How interesting and thought provoking this has been for me.  You see I can get so wrapped up in my own world, my own plans that I miss out on the plans God has for me.  It is so easy and comfortable for me to do what I want to do.  We have all experienced those pesky little interruptions, those annoying beeps every time we get a text message, those stupid Facebook messages that can sometimes drive us crazy.  These annoying interruptions in our busy schedule, could they be something more important?  Maybe they are a chance to connect with someone we haven't seen in a long time?  Could they be an opportunity to pray for someone?  I know they could be a chance to change someone's eternity?

Why do these interruptions in our plan frustrate us so much?  Why do these pauses in our day propel us into an angry mood?  Now come on I know it's not just me who feels this way sometimes.   This experience Sunday has changed my mind about these interruptions that maybe they are not as meaningless as we might think.  From this day on I will do my best to cherish every pause, every stop and every interruption God puts in my path.  It won't always be easy but this has taught me a valuable lesson. 

I want to study to stops of Jesus.  Ever notice that He never turned His back on someone who came up to Him.  He cherished ever interruption, every pause, every stop.  Whether it was someone who was sick, someone who had questions, or someone who just needed to see Him.  Even when the disciples tried to get others to leave Him alone, Jesus always stopped.  It didn't matter where He was going or what He was doing, He stopped.  He never got frustrated with the interruptions God has lined up for Him and neither should we.  Interruptions, pauses, stops are one of ways Jesus showed us that we matter to Him.  Whether He was in the temple or walking the streets, He welcomed the stops.

Listen I know interruptions can be challenging to say the least, especially if we're in a hurry to get to an appointment.  But if the Savior of the world, God in human form, if He can stop, why can't we?





No comments:

Post a Comment

CHEERS TO 2022

  I know it's been a few weeks since I graced you with my blog...sorry my mind has been elsewhere and my heart just hasn't been in i...