Wednesday, January 7, 2015

A MIND IS A TERRIBLE THING TO WASTE




A mind is a terrible thing to waste.  The amazing thing about our brain is we only tap into about probably 20% of it's capabilities.  We have a mini computer in our brain that is equipped with more technology than we know.  Our mind is filled with facts and fiction that we fill it with.  Like a car engine, our brain will either run on all cylinders or it will run on only few depending on the fuel we fill it with.  So what fuel are you filling your mind up with?

The other night I actually spent 3 hours watching "The Bachelor".  Yes, I am serious.   People intrigue me and I love to people watch, then sit and try to figure out what is going through someone's mind.  It was interesting watching one guy with 30 girls all fighting for his attention.  It was also scary watching these girls because it is the reality of why I have only a few good friends who are women.  The gossiping, the back stabbing, the judgemental attitudes, the pity parties, the cat fights (well almost), the petty little innuendos that go flying is just sickening.  Really?  I spent 3 hours watching this?  Why?  

I am human and it really makes my mind focus on what I do not want to be like, I think that is the main reason I occasionally watch mindless and pointless programs like this.  This is the time I tell myself that my mind is a terrible thing to waste.  Oh well at least I got a good laugh at it.  But seriously how many of us watch this garbage night after night after night?  We pick up and read books thinking that may help our minds but seriously, "Fifty Shades of Gray" is not something I would ever waste my time with, just my opinion!

I want to fill my mind with things that are above this Earth.  Books and TV shows that teach me about God and how to grow to be more like Him are tops on my list now days.  I know I am weird!  But when I sat and listened to a neuroscientist talk about how what we put in our mind affects our brain waves, our thoughts, our words and our actions, that affected me.  When I saw the MRI's of a person who thinks negative thoughts compared to a person who thinks positively, that affected me.  I want my mind to give life to myself , my words, my actions, and my thoughts.  I want my brain to look like a tree of life not like a dark cavern of despair.  

I have chosen to set my mind on things that are Godly.

Colossians 3:2-3  Set your minds on things that are above, not on things that are on earth.  For you have died, and your life is hidden with Christ in God. 

What is important to me is what is important to God.  If God tells me that it is important to set my mind on things above, then that is what I will do!   

Lord, fill my mind with your love and your grace.  Help me to rid my mind of the endless, pointless garbage and fill it with your word, in Jesus name I pray, amen!    

1 comment:

  1. Father committing all my ways to you, trusting you to straighten out my path all in all wherever I am at here on this earth even in thinking garbage. It is you that delivers us only. I am seeing this now. The same as a computer which our brains you gave us is a copy of you giving us this ability to bless and curse as we think and feel we do this.

    So let me see clearly as when I put garbage in a computer (our mind sets) Garbage comes out. And I know this now too, that I will not always recognize garbage that I put in unwarily, smelling so nice as Frebreeze in the commercial hides trash so well we do not smell nor see it, So from you reveal this to us? Thank you I trust you to reveal this, the Devil in high places as in Eph 6:12 is so treacherous in deceiving us as an Angel of light planting thoughts that seem right and are not

    ReplyDelete

CHEERS TO 2022

  I know it's been a few weeks since I graced you with my blog...sorry my mind has been elsewhere and my heart just hasn't been in i...