Wednesday, January 14, 2015

LIFE IS A MYSTERY




 
I realized today it's been almost a week since I have written.  What can I say?  I guess Satan's been dealing with me.  I've sort of been in a funk.  I wish I could explain it but I don't understand myself.  I wasn't sick or anything like just, just dealing with a lot of attitude from my own self.  It seemed like I was totally unmotivated and ideas were running dry.  I didn't pick up my Bible, although that was part of my New Years Resolution,  Yea I totally blew that one.  I felt down and empty.  Yet I still felt happy.  I don't know I guess I was just going through an attack from Satan himself.  

I let him get me off track and focus on meaningless things like last weeks Bachelor TV show.  I didn't get it then.  Even Jerry was shocked when he came home from work.  "Are you watching Bachelor?  Seriously?  You?"  Yea me!!  I wasted 3 hours on the most pointless, meaningless and mind emptying garbage I have ever seen.  I mean really, what was I thinking?  After that my week went down hill in my spirit and I gave up writing this blog.  I had to get my mind straightened out before I ever typed another word.    

So here I sit here in Florida, hundreds of miles away from home and hundreds of miles away from the frigid blast that has engulfed Michigan.  When I left hone today the wind chill was -4.  That's 4 below zero.   I am sorry but that just seems so insane.  Last week the wind chill was even colder than that and in the midst of that frigid cold a 158 car pile up happened on a major highway from Detroit to Chicago.  Miraculously only one person lost their life.  Now here I sit in Florida.  Really?  

In 3 hours I hopped on a plane in the dead of winter and landed in sunshine and 68 degrees.  Now 68 degrees may not seem that warm to some of you, but when you've lived in -4 degrees, that is a 72 degree jump in temperature in 3 hours.  No more winter coats, gloves or boots.  Break out the sandals and the sunscreen.  Okay maybe not the sunscreen, but you get my point.   Okay I'm rambling a bit here but just bare with me 

This morning I woke up at 5:00 am.  My plan was to wake up at 6, but God had another plan because I could not get back to sleep.  Jerry and my mother-in-law were still asleep so I grabbed my phone intending to look at Facebook, but again God had another plan.  I opened my app for Biblegateway and started going over all the verses I had memorized a few years ago.  I used to look at them every day and pick a few new ones to memorize but that lost it's luster.  After that I started rereading Psalm 23.   Now I have read this and practically memorized it, but for some reason today the firs verse hot me and hit me hard.    

 Psalm 23:1  A Psalm of David. The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want. 

Want!  That is how I feel I am some times.  I want and want and want and want.   It seems like there is always something I want, not need, want!  I am sure I am not the only one here who feels this way.  I have so much to be grateful for, and trust me I am grateful, yet I want more, why?  Okay before you think I am sounding greedy, I am not talking about things or money.  I want attention.  Why? I don't know, I'm weird I guess.  

Anyway today when I was reading this Psalm, I realized that I am being so foolish.  Why are we human so superficial?  I mean really, what is wrong with me?  It's just one of those mysteries of life chalked up to the fact that I am a human being and I am weird.  You know what? I'm okay with that.  You see the Lord is my shepherd.  I want for nothing!  Not even attention because today as I sat reading this Psalm and trying to really grasp the meaning of this first verse, I looked up at the clock and it was 6:00 am.  Time to rise and shine and for the first time in long time outside of  church, I spent an hour with God!  

If I tell you that time this morning changed me, would you believe it?  Well honestly, I feel better spiritually than I have in a while.  This time spent in the warm weather and sunshine is just what God ordered for me.  How can I ever thank Him for His patience with me and His never ending love and forgiveness?  Life is a mystery but when the Lord is our shepherd, the mystery becomes clearer focused.

May the Lord become your shepherd today.  May His light shine down on your and transform you from the inside out.   May your wants disappear and may your heart overflow with the love from our shepherd and Lord, in Jesus name I pray, amen!  

No comments:

Post a Comment

CHEERS TO 2022

  I know it's been a few weeks since I graced you with my blog...sorry my mind has been elsewhere and my heart just hasn't been in i...