Friday, January 16, 2015

CONCEAL DON'T FEEL




That line, "conceal don't feel" came from the Disney movie "Frozen", if you haven't seen t, see it.  There are actually a lot of life lessons in that movie but that's not what I want to talk about today.  

Today as I was putting on my make up God spoke to me about my concealer.  I guess I never really imagined how my concealer and Jesus Christ are alike.  Okay bare with me a moment.  

Concealer is used to cover up blemishes, scars, fine lines, dark circles under the eyes and wrinkles.  We look younger, our skin looks flawless.  Concealer helps us hide the truth about our face.  It covers up all the imperfections and brightens our face. It is an amazing tool in our make up bag that we don't dare neglect.  

In the movie "Frozen" Elsa is told to conceal the truth about who she really is and what gift (or curse) she has been given. Elsa wore gloves to conceal her curse.  Without the gloves, everyone would know her truth and would be afraid of her and run.  Her truth was so harsh, so cold, and so shameful that she had to run far away from everyone she loved.  She couldn't risk hurting anyone with the truth she had tried to conceal.  

Maybe that is why I love this movie so much.  It speaks right to my heart.  I don't want let anyone know the truth about me.  To take off my concealer, to take off my gloves and reveal my true self with all my flaws and sins, my fine lines and my scars is just down right scary not to mention that it is easier to conceal and not feel.  To admit the truth and deal with it is difficult.  Like Elsa we all have that desire to just runaway and conceal our truth.  To admit we are not in control of our gifts, is risky.  We fear we may hurt someone we love or ourselves, so we conceal and we don't feel, we run.

We fool ourselves into believing that we are the only ones who need to cover up our sins and flaws.  Everyone else seems so perfect, so sinless, so wrinkle free.  We hold up our mirror and compare ourselves to others and we never seem to measure up.  We never seem to look as perfect as they are.  Are you kidding me?   

Romans 3:23-24  for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God, and are justified by his grace as a gift, through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus, 

Do you get what that verse says?   No do you really get it?  Everyone!   Everyone!  Everyone has sinned and fallen short of the Glory of God.  Listen sin is sin!  We all sin!  Every priest, every pastor every minister, every judge, every single person on this Earth has sinned.  No one person living today is perfect.  Billy Graham has sinned, Mother Theresa has sinned, heck even the pope has sinned.  Stop thinking you are the worst person in the world.  Stop trying to conceal the truth about yourself.  

We have a concealer that removes every sin, every flaw, and every mistake; Jesus Christ.  Jesus Christ is the only concealer we need.  By the blood He shed on the cross, our sins have been concealed and removed.  We have forgiveness because of Jesus Christ not because of some priest.  We have grace because of Jesus Christ.  We have done nothing to deserve this except believe in Him. 

In the movie Elsa came back home after she realized that only by learning from her mistakes could she learn to control herself.  We also need to come back home to Jesus Christ.  Only He can heal us and help us learn from the past and embrace the future.  Only He can give us the grace we need to live an amazing life.  Only He can help us control ourselves and stop concealing our truth and begin to feel again.

Lord, help me to stop concealing the reality that is me.  Help me to stop running and start living.  Help me to start feeling again.  Thank you for concealing my sins and justifying me, in Jesus name I pray, amen!

1 comment:

  1. Love your analogy... but thanks be to God that Christ not only conceals... He removes our sin and gives us His new and perfect complexion! thanks for this Debra!

    ReplyDelete

CHEERS TO 2022

  I know it's been a few weeks since I graced you with my blog...sorry my mind has been elsewhere and my heart just hasn't been in i...