Monday, December 13, 2021

IT JUST TAKES TIME


 

These oranges are in a process right now.  They are slowly ripening, but it takes times.  It doesn't happen overnight.  In fact when we are out in Arizona in February the oranges are ripe and bright orange, by the time we leave in March the new blossoms are filling the trees.  It's an 11 month process for an orange to ripen on the tree.  This also depends on the proper conditions, and fertilizer and water.  It's a waiting game but the reward is so tasty!!!!

"Good things come to those who wait" This old saying is very true but it's not easy to wait on God when you're praying for a miracle.  I want to hear "Sean has been healed...it has to be a miracle from God."   I believe it will happen but I want it NOW!   I feel like the spoiled girl in the movie "Willie Wonka and the Chocolate Factory"   You know the one who says..."I want an Oompa Loompa and I want it now daddy!"  Well sometimes that is probably how my prayers sound to God.  Okay I can laugh about that because it's true.  Just like these green oranges take time to ripen, sometimes miracles take time to come true.  

Waiting, trusting, believing, and patience....miracles takes time, healing takes time.  I will be honest this process can seem very daunting and rather sucky at times.  I don't mind waiting, don't get me wrong, but when you're talking about one of my family's health I don't want to wait, I want it now!!!  Is there a magic genie somewhere that will grant me 3 wishes?  Is there a magic potion to give Sean that will wipe this junk out of his body?  Of course I'm being silly but sometimes my mind wanders into these absurd areas.  Am I the only one who thinks up these questions?  

BUT GOD...knows where I'm coming from.  BUT GOD...knows my heart.  BUT GOD...loves Sean in spite (or maybe because) of his goofy mom.  BUT GOD....BUT GOD...BUT GOD...steps into where I am and reassures me that He is in control.  I just have to keep waiting and trusting and believing.   I've got to stop pounding my head on the floor and surrender my son to God's Almighty plan and purpose.  So I lay my son at the foot of the cross and allow God to do what I cannot and I just have to trust in Him and His timing.    

No comments:

Post a Comment

CHEERS TO 2022

  I know it's been a few weeks since I graced you with my blog...sorry my mind has been elsewhere and my heart just hasn't been in i...