Monday, January 3, 2022

CHEERS TO 2022


 
I know it's been a few weeks since I graced you with my blog...sorry my mind has been elsewhere and my heart just hasn't been in it until now.  My mind has been so out of focus I even forgot my mother's 91st birthday.   I apologized and she forgave me.  Us mothers are usually quick to forgive our children when they mess up and vise versa, our children are hopefully quick to forgive us when we mess up.  I know as a parent I made a lot of mistakes.  My children can probably give you a list of them.  Anyway onto my reason for writing today....

2022 is here!  As we enter this new year my priorities in life have changed quite a bit.  It's no longer important for me to give my children or grandchildren the best present for Christmas or their birthdays.  What is important is creating memories.  So for Christmas this year Jerry and I cut our present giving in half and instead booked rooms up in Gaylord, Michigan for all of our family.  For four day we got to swim, some tried skiing, most went tubing and all of us went on a sleigh ride through the woods and drank hot chocolate.  We laughed and ate and laughed and ate.  To me this time together was more priceless than any gift.  

Although I did get a gift from my son on Christmas eve that literally wrecked me.  A silver locket with "mom" on the front and his picture inside.  That way he is always with me no matter what happens.  That gift was priceless and one I will cherish forever.  I can never put a price tag on that gift.  But spending time with him and our family right now is more important than anything.  Family to me has been a precious gift God has blessed me with and I am so grateful.  For many years I got lost in the commercial side of Christmas, it's easy to do.  I'm sure most of you at one time or another has done the same.  I wanted to give my children and grandchildren the best gift.  Well now I know the best gift I can give them is my time and energy.

2022...there is not one of us who knows what this year will bring.  None of us know whether we will survive this year or not.  What is important to me is this...Love God and Love Others!  Also it's important for me to know where I am spending eternity.  Do you know where you will spend eternity?  Some of you may assume hat because you're a "good person" you will go to heaven.  I suggest you read the Bible because no where does it say that all "good people" will go to heaven.  Sorry if this is offensive to you but time is running out on all of us.  Day after day we come closer to our lives ending and eternity is a long time to spend in hell.

God will not ask you what religion you are...He won't ask you how any times you went to church...He will not say "you're a good person, enter".  He will ask "Did you believe in My Son, Jesus Christ?"  So think about it please.  Do you truly believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God?  Do you believe that He was crucified, died and rose from the dead for the forgiveness of your sins?  Do you believe Jesus is seated at the right hand of God?  I pray that 2022 is the year God speaks His truth to you hearts.   

No comments:

Post a Comment

CHEERS TO 2022

  I know it's been a few weeks since I graced you with my blog...sorry my mind has been elsewhere and my heart just hasn't been in i...