Monday, December 6, 2021

CHOOSE JOY? SERIOUSLY? NOW?


 It’s that time of year!   The Christmas Season is now upon us.  As the celebration of the birth of my Savior draws near, my thoughts probe deeper into being in the presence of Jesus Christ.  Why is it that it sometimes takes trials to draw closer to my Lord?  Especially this time of year?  Why does it sometimes take a trial or a holiday to draw closer to God?  I mean He is always on my mind and in my heart but sometimes I guess I just need to be stirred up, you know what I mean?  I can get so comfortable in my warm and toasty home watching Hallmark movies that I forget to sit in His presence, I forget to read His Word and I can get lost “doing Christmas stuff”.   That makes me sad to admit that, but I’m human and I am a sinner.

Life is a journey of ups and downs and this year is no exception.   But instead of me focusing on Sean’s disease, I’m going to do my best to focus on the here and now.  Instead of being mad or depressed I’m going to choose joy.  Being in the very presence of Jesus Christ has changed me for the better I hope.  Finding my joy in Him takes focus on what’s wrong.  While it’s not as easy for others to choose joy, I’ve made a decision to embrace life and live it to the fullest.   I could easily look back with regrets and dwell on what’s wrong with Sean, and what’s wrong with this world, but why?  Why should I waste one second dwelling on the negative?   Isn’t there enough negativity is this world?  I want to focus on the endless possibilities that Jesus Christ died to give me.  

I choose joy!   I choose hope!  I choose life!   I have not seen my son depressed of questioning God.   Sean has a hope that lives deep in his heart.  There is a trust that God will work through the doctors to heal him.  I stand in awe of my son and what he is going through, I honestly don’t know if I could go through what he’s going through.  His strength and determination comes from God.  His healing will also come through God.  Sean was baptized as a baby but I’ll never forget that Christmas Eve service at Cedar Creek Church where my son officially gave his life over to Jesus Christ, it was the best Christmas gift I ever received.   He has the promise of eternity in Heaven.  For that fact alone….I choose JOY!  

We all have choices to make, joy or sorrow, anger or repentance, fear or faith, believe in Jesus Christ or not.  As this year slowly draws to a close I want to challenge you all to choose joy!  It may not always be easy to choose joy but it’s so much more rewarding.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

CHEERS TO 2022

  I know it's been a few weeks since I graced you with my blog...sorry my mind has been elsewhere and my heart just hasn't been in i...