Friday, December 10, 2021

LIFE IS LIKE A......


 


"My mom always said life was like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get.”...Forrest Gump

These 3 precious grandchildren....you never know what you're gonna get...they have a keen sense of humor and love to play tricks, so beware!!  They are so much fun and it's always an adventure to be with them.   That's life isn't it?   Well, life is like a box of chocolates, you never know what you're gonna get, that is until you bite into it or break it open.  Unless you have a box of chocolates with  a diagram that tells you which chocolate with which filling is in what space.  My grandma Roberts always gave me chocolates for Christmas but the one she gave me always had a diagram so you knew hat you'd get.  But life does not always come with a diagram, and there is no directions.  These 3 cuties came with no instruction manual and neither did I when I was born.  

Life is like a box of chocolates...you never know what you're gonna get.  I never imagined in my wildest dreams, or nightmares, that I would be watching one of my children deal with "c".  I did my best during their life to feed them good food, I took them to the doctors, and on top of all of that I prayed for their health daily.  So what happened?  How did this happen to my baby boy?  I don't understand why.  It can be so frustrating to try to figure these things out, in fact it's impossible. It's hard for me to explain but I am sick and tired of trying to figure things out.  In fact I am done trying to figure things out.

It's sort of funny to me when I finally stop trying to figure out what's going on and why, there is a peace that surpasses all understanding.  It's not up to me to figure out what's happening or why, it's my job to trust in God and believe in His ways, even if I don't always agree.  God's ways are so much higher than mine.  His thoughts, His plans are so much better than mine.  I don't always understand and to be honest I don't always like His plans, but I trust in them and I trust in Him.  

While this journey is not fun, it has helped me connect with God in a very profound way...He is with me like I've never experienced Him before.  His presence is very real to me.  As I sit here and type His Holy Spirit lives in me and has empowered me to stand in faith during this time.  There is a song by CeCe Winans called..."Believe For It!"  It has greatly inspired me to keep believing in miracles because my God is the God of the impossible.  And while I said there was no instruction manual, I lied....there is the best instruction manual in the world...The Bible!!  It will guide us through any stage in life, it has greatly helped me during this time.  It can help you also, whether it raising your children, or dealing with a storm.  

So eat some chocolate, enjoy this Holy time of year and don't worry or fret about what's in the chocolate....

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

CHEERS TO 2022

  I know it's been a few weeks since I graced you with my blog...sorry my mind has been elsewhere and my heart just hasn't been in i...