Wednesday, November 24, 2021

THANKSGIVING IN THE MIDST OF A STORM?


 
Thanksgiving in the midst of the storm the enemy is throwing at us?  Is that possible?  YES!!!  It's not only possible for me it's mandatory.  I know my mind and my heart work differently than most people.  I will continue to Praise God in the Storm.  In fact I realize with what my son is going through that it's so very easy to praise God when everything is going great.  When there is no curves on the road I'm traveling, praise comes easy.  When I'm headed towards a cliff, when a hurricane size storm is my reality, praise can be difficult, but it's the only thing that refreshes my soul and gives me the strength and power I need to endure this storm.  Praise....Thanksgiving is my necessity!  It is mandatory for me right now!!

What do I have to be thankful for you may ask?  Well if I may list just a few it would be these things... I am grateful for the doctors who are treating Sean,  I am thankful for the treatments that are helping him, I am thankful this was discovered when it was, but most of all I am so thankful to God for bringing Meghan into Sean's life for such a time as this.  Her faithfulness to God and Sean is something I witness constantly.  Her strength is amazing and her love for Sean I prayed for and to be honest, I am awestruck by her devotion to God and Sean.  These are just a very few things that I am thankful for.  If I would list all the things I have to be thankful for I would be writing the list for years. 

It's so easy to dwell on what's wrong, what's hard, what's difficult.  It's so easy to get lost in the negative.  Yes, there are times, if I am honest, I can get lost in the negative, BUT GOD...reminds me of the blessings in my life.  I could dwell on Sean's prognosis or I can dwell on the healing power of God.  I could dwell in anger at a good God who would do this to my boy, or I can what a blessing Sean is to me.  There are so many choices I get to make in my lifetime and right now I choose to praise God. 

There is something about praising God that just lifts my Spirit and makes my heart happy.  Praise always makes us feel better.  Think about how great you feel when someone gives you a compliment...it makes you feel better doesn't it?  There is something about praising God especially in the midst of a storm.  So tomorrow I will give thanks to God for my son Sean and I will thank God for His continuing healing at work in Sean's body.  I will give thanks for my family; Jerry, Beky, Jeff, Zakkary, Zoey, Amanda, Kelly, Nicholas, Brooklyn, Kristen, Ryan, Sadie, Kyle, Shelby, Sean and Meghan.  

HAPPY THANKSGIVING TO YOU ALL!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

CHEERS TO 2022

  I know it's been a few weeks since I graced you with my blog...sorry my mind has been elsewhere and my heart just hasn't been in i...