Monday, November 22, 2021

ROUND ONE—-COMPLETE


 Round one is complete!   Sean got to ring the bell signaling the completion of round one!  While this journey is far from over, this was a good day.  We were able to celebrate one victory!  It was good to rejoice today.  I never thought about the significance of this bell ringing but for me it was awesome to experience with my son and the rest of our family.   Family has taken on a new dimension for us in light of this journey.   To see my daughters take off work to be there for their brother was touching.   I always hoped and prayed that we would be a strong family but we’ve never been tested like this before.  Let me just brag on my children for a moment, indulge me please.  

My daughters set up a go fund me account, they have created and paid for the #SeanStrong bracelets, they have had t-shirts and sweatshirts made and sold to support Sean and Meghan, they have set up meals to be delivered 3 days a week, and they have cooked for them, a grandson made sure their grass was cut, then one of my daughters work hosted a fundraiser.   It has been so heart warming for this momma’s heart to see them all unite in their efforts to help Sean but also unite in prayer.  Every night we pray Psalm 91 for Sean.  I am blown away by their love and support, but to be honest I’m not surprised.   We did our best to raise them to understand that family is extremely important.   

As we all as a family try to gather our thoughts and make plans to celebrate the holidays, my emotions have been on a roller coaster ride.  I can’t lie…some days are difficult then God reminds me that He is in control and I have to keep trusting in Him.  I know this simple truth that I cling to…my God is well aware of what’s going on, He didn’t cause this to happen to Sean but somehow He will work it all out for His glory and my God still heals and performs miracles every day.   My faith has helped me so much during this time, even when I’m struggling with my emotions, God has held me and comforted me through His Holy Spirit.   

I am so grateful to each and every one of you who are praying and helping in any way possible.  So many people stop and ask me about Sean and while his journey is far from over, he has kept smiling and enjoying his new life as a husband.  Please keep praying!   

No comments:

Post a Comment

CHEERS TO 2022

  I know it's been a few weeks since I graced you with my blog...sorry my mind has been elsewhere and my heart just hasn't been in i...