Monday, August 2, 2021

COME SAIL AWAY


 
Have you ever rode in a hot air balloon?   Do you have a desire to ride in one of these things?  For me the answer is "NO!"  Sure it's probably be cool and maybe even exciting until I looked down at the ground hundreds of feet below me.  I am not a fan of being up that high in the air.  I am afraid of heights, I admit it!  It would be very uncomfortable for me to sail in one of these hot air balloons.  I'd probably pass out or throw up or both.  But I love watching these beautiful things flying n the air.  They are so colorful and so amazing.  I applaud the people who do fly in them, they are brave, I am not!  

As I travel through life there are so many opportunities to go on an adventure.  I an not a very adventurous person.  I avoid walking in the woods if I know poison ivy is present, I avoid running into snakes and spiders as much as I can, I don't like to get dirty or risk my life just for the thrill.  Yea, some of you may think I'm pretty boring, and that's okay for you to think that but then I'll ask do you really know me?  I may not be adventurous physically but I am adventurous in other ways.  I risked my heart when I fell in love with Jerry, I risked my life by having 4 children, (and they risked their lives by having me as their mom), Jerry an I risked our life savings on a business venture that turned into the greatest blessing.

Adventures are risky.  Whether they are physical, emotional, mental or physical...adventures can also be very scary.  The adrenaline rush you get when your risk it all on something others may think as crazy, can be dangerous. I know for me, I do not like danger.  The adrenaline rush for me is something I do not crave.  But then I met someone who changed my mind on what true adventures really look like.  Yes I'm talking about Jesus Christ.  

My adventures with Jesus has been thrilling and exciting.  I have learned so much allowing Him to guide me on this journey through life.  I have learned so many valuable lessons, I have grown in so many new and exciting ways and I have learned so much about Him.  Him and I talk every day.  Some day's I do most of the talking and then there are those days when I sit still and just listen to His voice.  It's times like that with my bestest friend, Jesus, that propels me into an adventure like none I've ever known before.  He's taken me places I would never have dreamed possible.  I have seen things and heard things that I wouldn't have experienced without Him by my side.  

Jesus Christ is my personal Savior and I have a very personal relationship with Him.  It's not about a religion with rules and rituals, it's a relationship.  It's about love and grace and love and mercy and love and forgiveness and love and trust.  So while my adventures are not physically dangerous, they are spiritually radical in many people's eyes. So if you're ready for a real adventure, please private message me and I will guide you to the adventure of a lifetime, or I should say the adventure for all eternity.  Come sail away for the ride of your life with Jesus

No comments:

Post a Comment

CHEERS TO 2022

  I know it's been a few weeks since I graced you with my blog...sorry my mind has been elsewhere and my heart just hasn't been in i...