Wednesday, August 4, 2021

LIFE IS A WILD RIDE


 I stand in awe of people who will go white water rafting trip.  From what I hear it can be extremely dangerous depending on the river, the rocks and the rainfall.  Then again if there hasn't been much rain, the ride down the river can be a little boring for adrenaline junkies.  Life can be like a white water rafting trip.  You just never know what lies ahead.  A twist or a turn can propel you into unknown territory where the risk becomes extreme, or that twist or turn may lead into calm waters where you can just coast down the river of life.  Either way...life is challenging and for the most part unknown.  We have no way of knowing what the future has in store for us.  We can plan and plan yet the unknown can play havoc with our plans.

Can you imagine taking a rafting trip like this photo without a life jacket?  Number one I wouldn't dream of ever taking a ride like this but if I ever did, a life jacket is a necessity.  Life jackets are protection from the unknown.  They are something you may never need but they are there just in case.  If the rapids just around the bend are more treacherous then you have planned, that life jacket is something very valuable.  If there happens to be an unexpected water fall, that life jacket will prove it's worth.  

Life is crazy!  There are so many twists and turns, rapids and rocks, and quite frankly a lot of "danger ahead".  It can be frightening to try to maneuver through this life without any sort of life jacket.  Jesus Christ is my life jacket.  He has protected me through all the twists and turns in life, He has saved me from the rapids and the rocks, and He has directed me in a different path so I can stay away from the danger that can lie ahead.  I don't want to imagine what my life would be like without Him by my side.  

I should correct that...Jesus goes before me and behind me, Jesus is on my left and my right.  Jesus is all around me at all times.  His presence lives in me.  He is my Savior.  He has saved me from drowning in my own sorrows many times.  He has lifted me up from the pits and put me on higher ground.  He has protected me from the rapids that seeked to do me in.  He is my life jacket in these present, uncertain waters.  He guides me to still waters and restores my peace with His peace.  

I feel so bad for people who do not know this peace I speak about.  I want to shout it from the mountain tops that Jesus will give you the peace you so desperately need.  He is the only one who can give you a peace that surpasses all human understanding.  You can have that peace today.  You don't have to raft down the rive of life without a life jacket any more.   

No comments:

Post a Comment

CHEERS TO 2022

  I know it's been a few weeks since I graced you with my blog...sorry my mind has been elsewhere and my heart just hasn't been in i...