Wednesday, August 18, 2021

OH DEER!


 Recently on a walk I ran across these beautiful deer.  They just stood there as we walked by.  They were busy eating the left over wheat after the farmer had baled all the rest.  They are such beautiful animals.  Then I thought about how God takes care of these amazing creatures.  He feeds them with grain from the farmers field, He shelters them in the woods, and He provides water for them through the rivers and streams that surround this area.  I wonder if they realize how much God treasures them?  Do we know how God treasures us?

You know we have no problem in knowing that God takes care of His creation, but why do we have such a big problem thinking He will take care of us?  I know why....we don't deserve it.  We don't deserve His love, His grace, His mercy, His blessings.  "If He knew what I had done in my past, He wouldn't love me.  If He knew what I was thinking, He would never forgive me.  If He knew what I was thinking of doing, He would abandon me and walk away."  Oh trust me there are times I think this way.  I don't want Him to look at me.  I don't want Him to know the real me.  

When I get in these moods, I can almost picture God sitting on His throne in Heaven, laughing.  I can hear Him now...."Seriously?  If I had known you were going to do that, if I had known you were going to say that, if only I had known you were thinking that.....wait a minute.  I did know all of this and so much more.  I know what you think, I know what you're going to say before you speak it and I know what you're going to do before you do it.  I am God.  I created you.  I know all about you and I love you.  I am not surprised by anything.  I am not shocked by your behavior.  You are not perfect and I didn't create you to be perfect.  Seriously?"

God knows me better than I know myself.  He will never abandon me, He will never leave me and He is always willing to forgive me.  He loves me in spite of myself.  Look at the deer in these fields, they do nothing yet they are cared for by God Almighty.  Don't believe the lies of the enemy that tells you that you're not good enough.  Believe God's word that says, He loves you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

CHEERS TO 2022

  I know it's been a few weeks since I graced you with my blog...sorry my mind has been elsewhere and my heart just hasn't been in i...