Wednesday, August 11, 2021

BEAUTY IS IN THE EYE OF THE BEHOLDER


 
"Beauty is in the eye of the beholder"  
Have you heard this saying before?  I know I have and I always had a hard time really grasping the meaning of it until God just whispered to me, "I see you through the eyes of Jesus Christ.  I see no flaws, no sins, no ugliness.  I see you through the lens of grace."  

How amazing is that?  God sees us not as we are but as Jesus.  As believers in Jesus Christ He sees the work of the cross in our lives.  He knows we are not perfect.  He knows we may still sin.  He knows we will still make mistakes.  He knows many of us speak before we think.  He knows our hearts are not always filled with love and compassion.  But He loves us anyway.  We are all a work in progress.  We are under construction and yet He sees Jesus in us.

When I look at a flower or the beauty of nature that is all around us, I see the glory of God.  When I look up at the stars and the moon at night, I see the glory of God.  Why is it so hard to look in the mirror at myself and see the glory of God?  Why do I allow the lies of the enemy to fill my mind and harden my heart?  I look in the mirror and I see every flaw, every hair out of place, every wrinkle.  I see the the gray hairs that my daughter covers up so miraculously.  It's so easy for us to look at ourselves and see us.  How amazing would it be if we looked at ourselves and others the way God sees us?

I am a sinner!  I make mistakes!  I am not perfect nor will I ever pretend to be (at least I hope not).  Through my faith and belief in Jesus Christ I no longer live because Christ lives in me.  He has redeemed me from myself and freed me from the lies of hell.  He can do that for you also.  Believe!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

CHEERS TO 2022

  I know it's been a few weeks since I graced you with my blog...sorry my mind has been elsewhere and my heart just hasn't been in i...