Monday, July 5, 2021

WEIRD AND UNIQUE


 
After being gone for a week, I am home.  We took a vacation to Tennessee with our family.  It was a blast!  There was laughter, adventures, lots of fun and lots of food (okay there may have been a few tears, but not many.)  So many memories were made, so many photos.  This time together was priceless.  I can't even imagine m life without my family.  I don't want to imagine my life without my family.  They are all a treasure I cherish deeply.   To be honest, my family is not perfect, but they are mine.  There are times when the chaos can be overwhelming but I choose to keep the sweet and funny moments close to my heart.  Now onto my blog today.

For quite a few years I felt like I was living in a desert.  God seemed distant to me.  Oh I prayed, I read devotionals, I listened to many preachers, I listened to Christian music, I even read books to help me grow spiritually.  But for some reason I didn't pick up my Bible.  It's not that I couldn't, I just didn't feel the desire to do that.  So I felt like I was in a desert.  God seemed distant.  The thing I realized yesterday when I listened to my pastor...God wasn't distant.  I was not in a desert.  God was growing me in a different way.  He was doing open heart surgery on me in a unique way, a more deeper way.  

It's sort of funny, yet sad to think that I actually believed that God was distant.  You see the enemy was attacking me with lies and schemes and strategies that led me into a time of wrong thinking.  I kept my mouth shut about it because I was a little embarrassed about it.  I also felt guilty for not picking up my Bible and reading it.  Well meaning, fellow Christians were being used by the enemy to increase my guilt.  After all "we should be reading the Bible on a daily basis", "we should feast on His Word and memorize it", "the only way for God to speak to us is through His Word".  Oh boy I swallowed all those lies.  Sometimes reading the Bible  daily can become a chore to do, a legalistic rule that we feel we need to follow. 

Alright I can hear all the comments right now and I will not listen to them.  God speaks to me in many different ways.  I hear Him speak to me through nature, through my family, through music, through preachers and teachers of His Word and often He speaks to my heart through His Holy Spirit that lives inside of me.  I can hear His still small voice speak His truth to me and guide me.  While others think I'm strange or even weird, God has baptized me with His Holy Spirit in a unique and challenging way and I will choose to embrace my uniqueness instead of hiding it.  

   

No comments:

Post a Comment

CHEERS TO 2022

  I know it's been a few weeks since I graced you with my blog...sorry my mind has been elsewhere and my heart just hasn't been in i...