Wednesday, July 7, 2021

LIVING WATER



 



Rain was falling in the Smokey Mountains when I took this picture.  There is something about rain that comforts me.  A slow and steady rain brings a smell and a sound that is so refreshing and renewing.  It makes everything spring back to life.  The grass becomes greener, the flowers sparkle again, the leaves get a bath and the dust of the day is no longer there.  It's a shower for the earth.  I remember when I was younger, much younger, I used to love to dance in the rain.  On a hot summer day it was refreshing.  Now days I'll sit on our screened in porch and just be still and listen as God washes the earth clean all the dust and grime of the past day away.

God's like that isn't He.  Just like He sends the rain to wash away the dust and dirt, just like He sends the rain to water the plants, He sent His Son to wash us clean.  You see God sees our sins and the dirt in our life.  He sees all our flaws and mistakes.  He sees what we don't want anyone else to see, our heart.  You know those private things that only you know about, well He knows about them to.  That's why He sent Jesus.  The blood of Jesus Christ washes away all our sins and all our dirty secrets.  As a believer in Jesus Christ, I have been washed clean.  My sins have been forgiven, it's a new day, a new life, a new chance to do things right.  I have been reborn.

Without rain, everything would be dry and literally die.  This planet needs water for all the plants to survive and we need water to survive.  Without water, nothing will live.  Jesus Christ is the living water that refreshes my soul and breathes life into my spirit.  This living water is something that I cling to, I need this living water to survive.  I cannot even begin to fathom what my life would be like with Jesus Christ.  He is my best friend, my redeemer, my savior, my God.  

As I watch and read news reports and see the posts on Facebook, it's no wonder people are messed up.  Y'all need more Jesus and less news, less drama, less complaining, less whining, less arguing, less video games.  More Jesus!!  More love!!  More grace!!  More kindness!!  More compassion!!  Let's stop taking about all our problems and talk about how great our God is.  Let's stop talking about other people and talk about how awesome our God is.  Let's learn to love others instead of finger pointing and condemning.   Who's with me???

No comments:

Post a Comment

CHEERS TO 2022

  I know it's been a few weeks since I graced you with my blog...sorry my mind has been elsewhere and my heart just hasn't been in i...