Tuesday, July 13, 2021

COFFEE WITH A FRIEND


 
This morning was very precious for me, I was able to talk on the phone with a very good friend who had moved away a few years ago.  We shared coffee, memories and great godly wisdom.  I needed that so much!  I am so grateful that God has blessed me with a friend who noticed my current struggles and she knew I needed to talk.  It was amazing and totally directed by God.  To have a dear friend I could share my troubles and concerns with is priceless.  To have a dear friend who will listen is overwhelming.  Her godly wisdom and prayers were inspiring.  Friendships can sometimes be a struggle for me, true godly friendships are rare.  

The thing about true godly friendships is they are effortless.  We don't have to talk every day or even every week.  Sometimes it's just a simple text that ignites a talk.   Coffee with a friend, I love it!!  I've had many friendships over the course of my life, but most of them require work.  It's up to me if we get together.  I have to contact the friend.  I have to make the plans.  I have to schedule things.  I have to do most of the work.  If I don't call, we never get together.  If I don't plan, it doesn't happen.  But with this friend, this true godly friend that I honestly haven't seen in a few years, or for that fact, we haven't really talked much, she knew I needed her.  She listened and was honest with me.  WOW!  That is a true godly friend.  That is the friend I long to be.  This is a dear friendship I will cherish forever.  

You know while I search for godly human friendships, there is no godly friendship that is deeper than my friendship with God.  He is a true example of a friend.  He is always there for me even when I don't realize I need Him.  He listens and allows me to cry and scream, He allows me to pout and whine, He allows me to talk and talk and talk and talk while He listens.  He is always honest with me and He points me in the right direction, even if I don't like what He's saying.  He is gentle and whispers my name most of the time, yet there are times he very verbal with me.  He knows I can be stubborn and He knows how to deal with me.

I am so grateful for my friendship with God, but I am also so grateful for my godly human friendships. God has placed this wonderful lady in my life to be a guide, a comrade, a sister in arms to battle against the lies and schemes of the enemy.  They make me realize how blessed I am.  Bobbi....You are a blessing sent to me from God above.  Thank you so much for coffee and talk this morning.  We may be 1,200 miles apart but we are as close as a phone call away.  Love you girl!!    

No comments:

Post a Comment

CHEERS TO 2022

  I know it's been a few weeks since I graced you with my blog...sorry my mind has been elsewhere and my heart just hasn't been in i...