Friday, July 16, 2021

FOG AHEAD -- BEWARE

 




Driving through the Smokey Mountains, this can happen to you and I, fog.  Okay whether we call it a cloud or fog either way it's tough to drive through.  There are places in the road where the fog is light and then there are those places where the fog is so thick that we could cut it with a knife.  When it is that thick it can be dangerous especially in unknown territory.  Driving home from our vacation, we hit this patch of fog.  It was interesting to say the least.  It was thick but if we followed the lines in the road we were fine.  Jerry doesn't panic in these situations but there are some drivers who see fog ahead and literally stop in their tracks.  Brake lights go on, they slow down on a freeway (which is dangerous in itself, but in fog it is just plain reckless), they become unsure and afraid.  Thankfully we drove through with no complications, but we've all heard those stories on the news when there is a chain reaction accident.  It can happen so quickly and without warning.  That is why we need to pay attention to the warning signs, fog ahead.

I know it may seem goofy to talk about this but there is something that rings very true in my heart in regards to fog.  There are days when my brain feels foggy?  You know what I'm saying right?  One of those days when we totally forget what we were supposed to do, where we were supposed to go and our mind becomes a totally blank slate.  I walk into a room and forget why I went in there.  It happens to all of us but there are some of us who deal with a totally deeper brain fog.  We are so wrapped up in ourselves that can't see the road right in front of our face.  It's hard for us to focus on anything because something is just off.  Something just doesn't feel right.  There is a fog ahead warning sign but we just can't see it.

Fog, so many of us live in a state of confusion.  There is something in our lives we're missing but we just don't get it.  There is some void we try to fill with mindless activities, with alcohol and with drugs.  Some of us become so blind to the fog that we become accustom to it.  It's just a part of our life that we need to live with.  We endure all those addictions that temporarily help us ignore the fog but eventually we will have to deal with it whether we want to or not.  The void in our hearts that is filled with fog is the same for everyone.  How we deal with the fog is personal.

For me personally the only way I dealt with the fog that filled the void in my heart was Jesus  Christ.  By literally accepting Him as my Savior, by yielding my heart to Him, by repenting of my sins and by raising my hands and accepting His salvation, the fog has lifted and my life has been forever changed.  But beyond that my eternity has also changed.  The void that was once filled with fog has now been filled with the grace, mercy ad love of Jesus Christ.  I know clearly that the road ahead of me may occasionally be foggy, but it doesn't enter my heart any more.  Listen there is a heaven and there is also a place called hell.  The choice is yours to make.  As for me and my house....we will serve the Lord.  I choose life!  I choose heaven!!  I choose Jesus!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

CHEERS TO 2022

  I know it's been a few weeks since I graced you with my blog...sorry my mind has been elsewhere and my heart just hasn't been in i...